• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

lincoln disk brakes what are they worth??

broncosilver

Loc.
springhill fl.
i got these a few weeks ago to put on my rear but decided to go with the x-ploder set up. i know there geting hard to find so what are they worth?? they are 77-78 lincoln mark v. (as i was told). they are a direct bolt up to my housing, standard duty b.b. all the brackets are there calipers are in fair shape, but would sugest new seal kits. only one backing plate tho, i dident plan on installing them my self. roters have never been turned. i dont know if i want to sell them or keep them for a future hot rod project.
brakes007.jpg

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
They are not totally bolt on some machining will be required. As for worth. Hard to say I'd check Ebay otherwise sell them for what you paid. I can can get those pretty cheap in the pick and pull.

OP
OP
broncosilver

broncosilver

Loc.
springhill fl.
i had them roughly set up on my rear, and everything seemed like a good fit. other than drilling the rotors( sorry, forgot to mention that) anything else that i over looked? if i do sell them i want the buyer to know everything he needs to, no strings.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Whoever buys them is going to have to have the bearings pressed off their axles, the caliper mounts/retaining plates installed, and the bearings pressed back on. Unless you notch the caliper mounts/retaining plates to slide over the axles. If these will be going on a heavy duty housing with 1/2" bolts through the flange and retaining plates, the holes in the caliper brackets/retaining plates will have to be enlarged. As for worth, I bought that setup with the rotors drilled and the caliper brackets/retaining plates already notched for $300. I had to have the holes enlarged to 1/2" which cost another $20.