• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Maybe I'm too trusting ***(GOT MY MONEY TODAY)***

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
A couple of months ago I posted some wheel center caps for sale and was contacted by a member who wanted them. We agreed on a price and since I was leaving for a trip, I trusted the money would be sent and mailed him the center caps. After one lame excuse about the money order not being routed properly (Made no sense at all), he said a second money order would be sent that day. That was over a month ago and now he won't return PMs or e-mail. I'm only out $20, but wondered if I should out him on here or just suck it up to being an idiot. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Dan74Bronc

Loc.
Chandler, Az
That's a shame. I'm all for giving a man a chance to redeem his honor but how long to wait? Well you say its been a month since he supposedly sent the payment so.... that's a tough call.

Obviously he's avoiding you. Yes it's only $20 bucks but that shouldn't matter. A price was agreed on by both parties, you held up your end, you expected him to hold up his end, to honor his word, especially for only $20 bucks. My word is worth way more than that, and I'm a cheapskate.

It's your call, give him due dilagence (sp?), then out him publicly. You've been wronged, it's not the money, it's the point.

Just my humble opinion of course.

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
You might want to give whoever it is another chance, but then again, what if he takes someone else here for two hundred bucks.

We tend to be a trusting bunch, I have never been cheated or cheated anyone else, and I would therefore never expect it but it can happen.

You may owe it to your brothers here to revel who this person is, so they can protect themselves from a similar fate.

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
anyone who would screw you out of 20 dollars would screw me out of 20, or 200, or 2,000 dollars. I'd appreciate a heads up.

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
I agree with the others. After he has had ample time to respond and will not answer your emails, it sounds like he is avoiding you. As you say it's only $20, but you may save someone $200 or $2000. 99.99% of the guys here are great and honest, but there is always a chance one is not. Good luck. I hope you get your money and it is just a mistake.

Johnny

Screw all this being nice shit.... throw him to the wolves.... reguardless if it's 2 dollars, or 200,000 dollars.... It's still the same principle either way.... you had a deal, he negated said deal, and is now avoiding you...

akafrankcastle

Loc.
Kansas City
I have a better solution.

Let's get ClassicBroncos.com to buy up the 20.00 debt. They'll pay FirstSergeant back and "Person A" will get to keep his hubcaps.
In the meantime, ClassicBroncos.com will levy a usage fee from each member in order to repay the debt. If "Person A" ever feels like he is in a position where he can repay the debt, he can do so. If he doesn't want to though, he doesn't really have to.

Wait, this sounds familiar.....

OP
OP
Chief Master Sergeant

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
The Guy's Name is Michael Homan. Anyone know him?

Here's his last post. Does this sound like BS to you. I guess it was less than a month. This was on 11 May...

"Chuck I found out what happened to the money order. It never left the lower 48 states. I was in Louisville Kentucky. Seems that it somehow was transferred to Louisville after leaving Dayton. Why it never left there is still a mystery.

I'am sending a new money order to you tomorrow. let me know if it shows up.

Sorry for the cunfusion "

How hard is it to drop a freaking money order in an envelope and get it to me?

He received the parts the week of 15 March.

akafrankcastle

Loc.
Kansas City
I thought the standard method for sending a money order was simply dropping it in the US Mail. There some other method I don't know about?

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
Chuck,

Maybe you remember this but a year or so ago I was owed $35 by a guy over at fordsix.com. I paid him for a part and he never sent it followed by endless excuses. Anyway, I ended up outing the guy here and I had my money back in a matter of days. Once you let the members here off the chain the fun begins! I think it was less than 24 hours before the guy had been found and started getting phone calls. Here's the link.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123702

Well worth the read.

Thanks again to all that helped me get my cash back, lets get Chuck his.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
A month is more than enough slack to cut him regardless of the dollar amount. I bought a grille from a guy 100 miles away from me who shipped it before I sent payment. I felt bad that I didn't get a chance to send him the check until the package had been sitting in my garage for four days. If he had needed to send me an e-mail reminder about it, I would have felt like a total schmuck.

22213evl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rio Rancho N.M.
The Guy's Name is Michael Homan. Anyone know him?

we need a CB name to go by also,( for PMs) and what town or city, an address would be great. it's amazing what kind of info the white pages will give you.

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
I have done business with you first sergeant along with several other members and had nothing but positive dealings with the members here. I do admit that I look at postings and will be more at ease with long time members just for this reason. Its a shame You must resort to an outing but I agree with the sentiment relayed here that a heads up is a good thing.

stock1970

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, Kansas
I think this web site needs to creat a list of people to watch out for, That way in future dealings a person could check the list, or at least mark the names with a rating kinda like ebay does. Sorry you got taken.

76_bronco

Loc.
Middletown,Delaware
I would give 2-3 weeks MAX to recieve a payment for something I sold. Its ashame that someone has to screw you over and ruin the trust you may have when selling to other bronco members. I can understand if there was a legitamit problem that happened with the money but when your attempts to contact him go un answered I would call him out and warn other members because like others say next time it could be $200 or $2,000. Sry for your luck and I hope the member reads this and sends you your money.

Chethair

Loc.
Talbott, Tn
I feel your pain!!

I am on the other end of the spectrum. I sent a man the money for some parts on here and now cannot get any response from him. My deal was for eighty bucks. I agree it is the principle of the matter. I have been pondering on letting everyone know his name. I am going to give another week, then his name is coming out to everyone. Thanks, I needed to vent.

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have a better solution.

Let's get ClassicBroncos.com to buy up the 20.00 debt. They'll pay FirstSergeant back and "Person A" will get to keep his hubcaps.
In the meantime, ClassicBroncos.com will levy a usage fee from each member in order to repay the debt. If "Person A" ever feels like he is in a position where he can repay the debt, he can do so. If he doesn't want to though, he doesn't really have to.

Wait, this sounds familiar.....

That's funny.............. but too true:-[

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Money is Money and it's hard to come by these days.. :(

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I think this web site needs to creat a list of people to watch out for, That way in future dealings a person could check the list, or at least mark the names with a rating kinda like ebay does. Sorry you got taken.

I bet I know the person who would be on the TOP of that list..

"sorry to hijack"