• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Maybe I'm too trusting ***(GOT MY MONEY TODAY)***

OP
OP
Chief Master Sergeant

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
Sheet!!! this is not sounding good...:p

Mike Homan, i apologize if there is something legitimate going on, but I would like the common decency of a response either way too.

Fellas,
i have a full set of new Duff fiberglass flares that have been sitting around forever. i bought them from a guy over in anchorage last fall. never been installed, welting & rivets still in the baggies. i think they were shipped up in '96 and the stuff all still had Duff's Sequim address.

anyways, i didnt want to break a perfectly good set on the alders and stuff up here, and he had a post a while back that he was looking for some and was in no hurry.
since shipping a big box from Kodiak, Alaska is comparable to govt aid to a third world country, i tried to find other methods of shipping them to Ohio.
i finally found a buddy moving down to CA and had room in his trailer. over the course of all this, Mike & i Pm'd about 15 times, all sounding legit. Now that they are in CA ready to ship, i cant get a word out of him. i wasnt too worried until reading this post. thankfully, i have not shipped the flares yet.

First Seargent, i hope that it works out for you, $20 is still $20.

i know when i used to be on the LS1Tech forums, they had a rating system for buyers/sellers and a "Shmuck" list of bum or bogus users. not sure how it is now, as i was last on there about three years ago.

thanks,
jarrod

Now I know who got the flares. I tried dealing with that guy locally for a couple of weeks and he kept flaking on me. Great price though huh?

Orange Crush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Maryland
As hard as it may be for FirstSergeant to accept that he does not know why things happened the way they did, the only thing FirstSergeant and any of us knows, is that we don't know anything. My $0.02.:p

I know more than you think I know you know...;D

That's B.S. Sgt. Hopefully, he makes it right.

nelson_bros

Loc.
los anchorage
Now I know who got the flares. I tried dealing with that guy locally for a couple of weeks and he kept flaking on me. Great price though huh?

YEP!!:D

i sent my brother up to anchorage with some cash and some phone numbers. he returned with a new Warn for cheap, an NP205, the flares, and a Grant steering wheel, all good deals! and he drove home in Preston's blue F250, not sure if you know the truck from up there. we both did good that weekend!
i really should have thought about the glass flares more, these trails down here are brutal!

i hope Mike comes thru, at least with some info or an explanation. if he is in hard times, i can understand, so are a lot of us too. i would prefer to help out a bronco brother than a random stranger if possible.

jarrod

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
Chuck,

I'm guessing you had no luck or you would have posted up.

I disagree that this is a "Mob Mentality". You gave the man the benefit of the doubt for a month and did not get the common courtesy of a reply. If he has a legit reason for not paying now is the time to let you know what the reason is. Actually, the time was about three weeks ago but now is better than never.

I have had great luck dealing with people on here but I have not had very good luck on other sites. I think its completely appropriate to call this guy out on here. I hope you get paid but if you don't, at least others on here will be warned about him.

OP
OP
Chief Master Sergeant

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
Yeah, still nothing. I've called twice, sent him an e-mail, sent him a few PMs, and even PMed another member who lives in his town to see if maybe he knew something about him. NADA. Oh well, I will still continue to trust people, just not him. Thanks brother!

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
I know I'm Hi-Jacking but I just wanted everyone to know that sometimes , things just happen ... My story -

My son was advertising his bronco and we had a couple of legitimate "Lookers" . Eventually , after several pictures and descriptions of anything and everything that was wrong with the bronco, a young couple from Texas agreed to buy it. They were going to come to Iowa and get it with their Blazer and trailer but the blazer broke down and they weren't able to come up when we arranged. They still wanted the bronco so I told them that if they sent a $500 nonrefundable deposit, we would hold it for them . It had already been a month and I received several e-mails explaining all kinds of different reasons why they didn't have the money but I am a man of my word and was still holding the bronco for them. More time went by and I got the e-mail saying that her husband was arriving on a Greyhound and if we could pick him up , he would drive the bronco back to Texas . I told her husband at the bus station that I would buy him a ticket back to Texas because I really didn't think the bronco would make it that far . I made him the same offer again when we were at the court house transferring the title and he just smiled and said he had his tool bag and a walkman and he wouldn't have any trouble driving back to Texas. I never heard from them again and will always wonder how it turned out.
The moral of the story is communication. Some of the stories were absolutely crazy but entirely possible and I gave them the benefit of doubt . Had they not kept in contact with me , their deposit would have definitely been non refundable and we would have sold it to the next person . You would be surprised at how many people wanted that bronco the minute it was taken off of the market:eek: and how much higher the offers were too;)

Sorry for the long postyhijack:-[

howiebilt

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
I know I'm Hi-Jacking but I just wanted everyone to know that sometimes , things just happen ... My story -

My son was advertising his bronco and we had a couple of legitimate "Lookers" . Eventually , after several pictures and descriptions of anything and everything that was wrong with the bronco, a young couple from Texas agreed to buy it. They were going to come to Iowa and get it with their Blazer and trailer but the blazer broke down and they weren't able to come up when we arranged. They still wanted the bronco so I told them that if they sent a $500 nonrefundable deposit, we would hold it for them . It had already been a month and I received several e-mails explaining all kinds of different reasons why they didn't have the money but I am a man of my word and was still holding the bronco for them. More time went by and I got the e-mail saying that her husband was arriving on a Greyhound and if we could pick him up , he would drive the bronco back to Texas . I told her husband at the bus station that I would buy him a ticket back to Texas because I really didn't think the bronco would make it that far . I made him the same offer again when we were at the court house transferring the title and he just smiled and said he had his tool bag and a walkman and he wouldn't have any trouble driving back to Texas. I never heard from them again and will always wonder how it turned out.
The moral of the story is communication. Some of the stories were absolutely crazy but entirely possible and I gave them the benefit of doubt . Had they not kept in contact with me , their deposit would have definitely been non refundable and we would have sold it to the next person . You would be surprised at how many people wanted that bronco the minute it was taken off of the market:eek: and how much higher the offers were too;)

Sorry for the long postyhijack:-[

howiebilt

I'll give you 35k for it, sight unseen!!

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I suspect he'll either pay up or just go away now that he knows we all know.

muskrat

Bronco Guru
Post his "handle" on the site so we can shun him like he deserves. We're a family for goodness sakes.

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
It is hard to believe that someone would lose the trust and good will of all the members here over $20.

BroncoDesign

Loc.
USA
Just read the whole thread for my lunchtime reading-
The concensus is correct, trust is trust whether the dollar figure is 1 or 1000000. I'll have to check but I think I sold a set of flares to that email address.

When I first tried to get BroncoDesign going in '99 before my wife got sick, a guy wanted to be my partner. In the course of things his "Best friend from college" sold a '77 bronco to someone I knew and this guy and I agreed to deliver it. The selling price was $400. We hauled it over and this guy took the money to give to his "best friend". On the way back he told me that he was going to tell his friend that he only got $350 for it keeping $50 for himself since he took his time to deliver it. That was when I knew this guy couldn't be trusted and I severed ties with him. He was also the guy who knocked off my inserts later on so I guess my instincts were right.

Lessons learned. In addition to his Bronco, he also had a jeep.......