• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

my build thread.......finally...Bocci?

Swerve

actually...LOUDER! have long tubes on this one!!

AND JUST FOR PAT......a little trip down memory lane :cool:

You have come a long way Randy!

Sorry, I won't be there for May, I have a car to pick up in Virginia that weekend...

Last edited:
OP
OP
tasker

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
SORRY to hear that Dave....let me know if you need some other trinkets!

OP
OP
tasker

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Making progress.....and drinking too! Inserts test fit, efi return line roughed in and speedo cable where it has to be. Enjoy...i know I am!

Attachments

• 20170411_203809.jpg
    20170411_203809.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 20170411_201243.jpg
    20170411_201243.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 188
  • 20170411_201234.jpg
    20170411_201234.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 83

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looking good my friend..It's all just the little stuff now and glad to see you staying motivated.

OP
OP
tasker

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
GAINING MOMENTUM!! windshield frame is painted and will be installed tomorrow night. The generosity of Bronco Jonny has made it getting mounted up a reality as he shipped up a pair of windshield knobs and also got my transfer pump (front to rear tanks) in as well....

Attachments

• FRAME.jpg
    FRAME.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 62
  • PUMP.jpg
    PUMP.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 61

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
Just an fyi on that fuel line near the Dr side valve cover... I had to tweak that line up a bit and get a 45 degree fitting as well. The line points at the valve cover and the firewall. Once you start plumbing it you will see what I mean. Be careful if you try to bend the line- it can crack... Your valve covers arent as tall as mine, so it may be a little easier. I will see if I can get you a pic of mine tonight.

attachment.php

OP
OP
tasker

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
obtained the factory connector fittings with barbs on them. was going to run rubber efi line for the short distance but would appreciate the pics Todd!

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
obtained the factory connector fittings with barbs on them. was going to run rubber efi line for the short distance but would appreciate the pics Todd!

Dang it- I knew I forgot something last night- was trying to get my top end back together for Townsend... I will get pics. It is tight in that area with the throttle cable coming thru the firewall and the fuel lines and other misc stuff in there...

OP
OP
tasker

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
no worries brother! did reach a major milestone last night...we have a windshield welded in! My Bronco brother Ronnie came over with the frame painted, welded it up, looked at it...drank some beer and then put the glass in....drank some more beer and took some pics. Won't be long now!

Attachments

• hood5.jpg
    hood5.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 98
  • hood4.jpg
    hood4.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 97
  • hood3.jpg
    hood3.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 96
  • hood2.jpg
    hood2.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 118
  • hood1.jpg
    hood1.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 104
OP
OP
tasker

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
THANKS! been a long road and if you have a month of time, read this thread through! ;D
brought the front tire in today to see if I can seal the bead on it.....it needs big fat tires back on it!!

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Nice! but that shade of green looks a bit darker...:p;D

Oh, did you get a flat already?? looks like you're running a spare;D;D

OP
OP
tasker

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
guy I got the tires from told me the kid breaking them down tore the bead...actually 3 of them were torn to some point but this by far the worst. It does look kick ass with the fatties on there though!

the frame is an "accent" color, kind of like this....

Attachments

• 800px-VWGolfHarlequin.jpg
    800px-VWGolfHarlequin.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 33