• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New chassis from Tom's Offroad (TBP)

OP
OP
toddz69

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I regret not doing that on my frame, ford was not good at welding in 1977
Yeah, some of the '77s seem to be the worst. Many years ago (in the last century), an OCD friend of mine did a frame-off on a '77 and the welds on the frame bugged him so much that he ground most of them out and rewelded them.

That went on to be the first Bronco I ever knew of that sold for more than $20K - we were floored!

Todd Z.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
I am guessing their frames would be amazing to drive.
Duffy, judging from your build you would really appreciate the thought and quality of their frames, really good people too.

They built the frame under Jay Lenos bronco, in fact I think Jay had Thomas Kincer on the show.

Don't think your getting one cheap though!

eBronc2

Contributor
The high-gloss black paint just highlights all the imperfections (bad welds, spatter, grinding marks, etc) of the frame.

I unbolted everything from my frame, cut off the front shock mounts, rear shock mounts, and original radius arm mounts. Welded on front shock hoops, cross-bar shock hoop in the rear, extended radius arm mounts, and fabricated braces for the leaf spring mounts. Then had the entire frame media blasted and powdercoated semi-flat black.

IMG_0047.JPG

Front axle ('78 Bronco full width high pinion D44 with GM 8 lug disk brake outers), rear axle (F350 full-float D60 with custom disk brakes), 351W, ZF 5 speed are all junkyard sourced, cleaned up, rebuilt, powdecoated. D20 T-case is original, rebuilt, stronger output with flange added since photo taken. Springs are new.