• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Nightstick wanted out of my buggy really bad today. It was kinda scary for him.

shamu

Lucky as the day is long.
Loc.
Sachse,Tx
We were doing Green Mamba in Clayton Okla. and on this wall climb the water is about 2.5 plus deep in water. So as I trying to get up this, the buggy is going passenger side down and the left rear wheel is off the ground about 2 feet. It was twisted and then some, but I got her back on all fours and tried it again and Kevin got out. He was very shaken. I finally made it up and he got back in and told me he didn't like that water run at all. And I didn't like that part either but we had to get up.
After that he was good to go, and we had a few other hard passenger side leaners which he doesn't like but that is just how Clayton is.
It was a great day to have Kevin as my counter weight and tire spotter on the trail, he does a great job in my cab looking for the right rock or the right wall use on all the wet slippery nasty mud and rocks.

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
Sounds like it was a good time... Kevin is a great guy! Hope both of you guys come back to OCBR this year, lookin forward to it! ;)

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've lost count of the number of times that I wanted out of my own rig. The worst was at Tellico, many years ago, when I ended up teetering on the edge of a sheer drop that was probably 100' easy..down in to the tops of trees. My butt ripped a patch of the seat fabric right out as my co-pilot buddy (who I told to bail...no sense in two of us getting killed) tried to talk me through getting the truck back on the trail ledge.

Almost did an endover roll head first at Rausch once...saved by two people hanging on to the rear bumper with everything they had...

Nightstick

Bronco guy
I'd like to say Damon is exaggerating, but he's not, lol... I can take a rollover, but not when we're talking about rolling over into water. The pucker factor was very high to say the least. I hung in there for a few attempts, and of course as soon as I get out he makes it up.

OP
OP
shamu

shamu

Lucky as the day is long.
Loc.
Sachse,Tx
I'd like to say Damon is exaggerating, but he's not, lol... I can take a rollover, but not when we're talking about rolling over into water. The pucker factor was very high to say the least. I hung in there for a few attempts, and of course as soon as I get out he makes it up.

And Kevin forgot to mention the front end coming off the ground, it wasn't fun when it did that.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
LOL, it happens to the best of us.

No pics I take it huh.

Nightstick

Bronco guy
Here's a pic of where we were, but another rig going up

ta6y9ena.jpg