• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

AZ Passenger side AC compressor bracket wanted

OP
OP
H

hahnn6

This is what you want.
One of these:

[/URL]

And one of these:

[/URL]

A couple of bolts to hold it together and you are good to go. I’m sure you can find both of those parts elsewhere but those are the correct size.
This bolt might do it for the pulley:

[/URL]
purchased all of those, thank you!

OP
OP
H

hahnn6

That’s was quick. Check my last post!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Looks like I jumped the gun too quick, I'll see fi the Ebay seller will cancel my order- thank you again for the help, I'm sure I'll need some pointers when I actually get the bracket and items in hand

mpboxer

Contributor
Loc.
Queen Creek, AZ
Nope. I am assuming you have power steering? You will need a three groove crankshaft pulley. Alternator runs in the rear groove along with waterpump, then power steering in the center along with the waterpump pulley (front groove of it) and the compressor is by itself in the front groove.
Hey Slowleak, you running a stock radiator with that three groove pulley? Can’t imagine enough room to get a 4 core radiator in there.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Hey Slowleak, you running a stock radiator with that three groove pulley? Can’t imagine enough room to get a 4 core radiator in there.

Yep, it’s a stock 3-core from Tom’s and stock shroud with a 7 blade flex fan. The fan clears the crank pulley by about 1/4 inch, it is the thicker flex fan.
I have an inch of space between the fan and the radiator core. The tight spot is on the passenger side of the radiator where the fan blade crosses over part of the shroud. Normally you could space the fan back to clear that but if you do so it will hit the compressor clutch. A four core might fit with a thinner fan, or a compressor with a thinner clutch. The key to it would be moving the fan back without wrapping it around something.
5f5b04c076bc354c19538411e1af7590.jpg

Last edited:

mpboxer

Contributor
Loc.
Queen Creek, AZ
Yep, it’s a stock 3-core from Tom’s and stock shroud with a 7 blade flex fan. The fan clears the crank pulley by about 1/4 inch, it is the thicker flex fan.
I have an inch of space between the fan and the radiator core. The tight spot is on the passenger side of the radiator where the fan blade crosses over part of the shroud. Normally you could space the fan back to clear that but if you do so it will hit the compressor clutch. A four core might fit with a thinner fan, or a compressor with a thinner clutch. The key to it would be moving the fan back without wrapping it around something.
Awesome, thanks for the info. Obviously no cooling issues with that 3-core/fan/shroud combo in Georgia summers?

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Awesome, thanks for the info. Obviously no cooling issues with that 3-core/fan/shroud combo in Georgia summers?

No issues at all. It will idle with the A/C on in mid summer and never get over about 195. That flex fan does the job…

ngsd

Bronco Guru
Dang, I just sold the one you need last week and had to ship it.

jmhend

Bronco Guru
It’s just one bracket like pictured below. The adapter bolts to the flat plate on top where the York is bolted, and has ears sticking up for the sanden compressor. The alternator fits in the opening in the bracket below the compressor. Idler pulley for the belt sits behind your upper radiator hose. With the York there was a steel brace from the top of the compressor to the manifold.
6885808cb039b9ddfadfb37f3e04f4e4.jpg
Hmm I have a York compressor but now that I’m thinking about it I need all of the stuff mentioned and the york bracket. Ugh. Great post / conversation guys