• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Raptor Liner color with grey seats

Tiko433

Contributor
I know just enough to be dangerous
Loc.
South West Florida
I’m trying do decide on the color I want to. My seats are grey but I can’t decide if I should go with grey or black. Those who have grey seats can you post some pictures of your floor color

Last edited:

Glass Pony

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sussex County Delaware
I chose white but my Bronco is white. I knew I wanted a light color because of the sun/heat factor.

Attachments

• IMG_0813.jpg
    IMG_0813.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0811.jpg
    IMG_0811.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 137

Soylent

Contributor
Loc.
California
That looks really nice. Never thought of white. Did you spray that yourself?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Glass Pony

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sussex County Delaware
That looks really nice. Never thought of white. Did you spray that yourself?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Herculiner, rolled and brushed on. It has been on there for over 6 years and has exceeded all expectations. The only wear I see is where the cooler sits.;)

Attachments

• IMG_0475.jpg
    IMG_0475.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 175

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
I don't have very good pics, these are the best I have for now. I shot Raptor liner inside mine and on the top of the tub where the soft top mounts. I used the body paint to tint mine so its the same color. The light makes it look lighter in the interior. The other pic is the only one I have with my seats to show the color of them.

Attachments

• IMG_1522.jpg
    IMG_1522.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_1562.jpg
    IMG_1562.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 137
OP
OP
Tiko433

Tiko433

Contributor
Loc.
South West Florida
Thanks guys They both look really nice. I have not thought of color matching. I been leaning towards black to had dirt. But now since I plan on painting my truck this fall. I plan on keeping the same blue. How do I go about tinting it to my color blue ?

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
If you get the tintable raptor you can add color to it. They sell several colors you can buy or you can mix your own. I think you are limited to certain kinds of paint you can use but I can't remember for sure. Check out Raptors web site or google it, maybe someone else on here can verify as well.

https://www.u-pol.com/files/15336/up4802-TDS-EN

Good luck!

OP
OP
Tiko433

Tiko433

Contributor
Loc.
South West Florida
Thanks guys. I will be looking into it.... after I typed this A quick search I found a thread on here from Razorbackbronco. Sorry I can’t copy the link
CB is the best !
How many bottles do y’all suggest ?

Last edited:

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Depends on the texture and thickness you want. I think I used 5 bottles on the inside of the tub. I had the dash out and did the entire inside of the tub and inside of the tailgate.

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
I bought the 2 tintable kits online(8 quarts total) and got the tint from the paint supplier. It is the color with no binders in it. I got a one gallon mixing pail and mixed several quarts at a time and put them back in the quart container and sprayed it. I did the inside of tub and the underside of the wheel tubs and inside tailgate. Wasn't too bad of a job. Ken

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
When it comes to liner stuff, I don't think Black necessarily hides dirt either. Might at first, but after time it gets pretty dug in. Especially if yours stays outdoors with the top off.
If covered, it may very well stay clean a long time.

Doug tinted the Raptor in my '68 to match the original Peacock Blue and it's really nice. I like the body matched color.
I'm sure contrasting colors would be nice too, but they'd have to be just the right color to have the same nice look as the body color.

Paul

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
When it comes to liner stuff, I don't think Black necessarily hides dirt either. Might at first, but after time it gets pretty dug in. Especially if yours stays outdoors with the top off.
If covered, it may very well stay clean a long time.

yeah, kind of builds up over time unless you clean it weekly

OP
OP
Tiko433

Tiko433

Contributor
Loc.
South West Florida
Thanks guys
I stopped by my local paint supply store and he said he can give me what I need I’m going to color match my current color . I have some more work to do before I’m ready.
I think the grey seats will go good with my blue color

MikeLee66

I've sprayed tinted Raptor Liner twice. Wanted a much finer texture closer to LineX. Had great results drilling out the tip of a standard HVLP gun with a large air compressor. Sprayed the entire Xterra. night a day diff with their sprayer.

OP
OP
Tiko433

Tiko433

Contributor
Loc.
South West Florida
Another question guys ... I want to spray a primer coat I’m a rookie on spraying anything. I’m adding a dryer to my compressor which is a 33gal 11.9 CFM. Which I know I’m on the small side. I plan on getting a Eastwood Concours low CPF gun I think they say at 30 psi it is 5.5 CFM My question to spray the interior , floor and up the sides how much should it take ? 1gt or 1gal. If I buy a gal and not use all of it will it keep for future use ?

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
I would buy the gallon as you will use it during your paint prep. It will keep for quite a while as long as it hasn't been activated. I used 50 foot of 3/4 copper tubing ran along the wall and back to the compressor with a small angle to allow moisture to drain back to a spigot on the bottom of it to drain. Never had any moisture problems during last summers high humidity and heat. Those HVLP spray guns are CFM hogs so just make sure the compressor will keep up with the gun. Good luck, Ken

OP
OP
Tiko433

Tiko433

Contributor
Loc.
South West Florida
Thanks Ken. Eastwood said it’s a low CFM gun. Can you recommend another gun instead of HPLV ...... something very user friendly
Kicking myself in the butt for downing my truck this time of year. But trying to do it right .