• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rear anti-wrap solutions

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Agree with both Thom and Kyle again... I'm 4 linking because I'm snapping .375" wall 1.5"OD DOM. There comes a time when you step up to the next "this won't break" level!! :)

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Agree with both Thom and Kyle again... I'm 4 linking because I'm snapping .375" wall 1.5"OD DOM. There comes a time when you step up to the next "this won't break" level!! :)

When you tempt the universe to prove you wrong it usually steps up to the challenge.

Those are words you should avoid saying.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
...Does anyone have a measurement that would get me close enough to mount the front crossmember since I cant base it off of full weight/ride height? Or at least the measurement of the distance between mounting point (bushing hole to heim joint hole)?

Someone may have that for you gotdads, but in a pinch if you don't get your answer here you can somewhat easily (easy for me to say from here at least;)) get your suspension to the expected height even without adding all the usual weight to the frame.
Ratchet straps can be used to compress the suspension to the expected ride height so you can do your layout and setup.
In your case you're looking for approx. 10.5" between the top of the axle tube and the bottom of the frame rail in the front. In the rear it would be 9.5" instead.
Give or take a half inch in either direction and you're right in the money.

If anyone does have the measurements for you, verify that they're using the same stuff as you are. Axles, lift, etc.

Good luck.

Paul