• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Removing Seats - Front & Rear

syndicate1

Contributor
I have a (simple) question but then again nothing is simple with EB’s.

It’s finally time for reupholstering the original seats in my ‘74 and before I get started, is removing the front and rear seats as simple as just removing the bolts? Are there any issues I should anticipate?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1969miller

Contributor
Loc.
Elk Grove
Should be just that simple, depending on your bronco's condition maybe anticipate breaking some of those bolts?

armynavy17

Contributor
I'm not with the bronco right now, but I believe the original nuts for the seats were welded or captive. Some of them may be stripped or otherwise failed.

jamesroney

Contributor
Loc.
Fremont, CA
If you have buckets, There are three special bolts on the front seats that come up thru the hat channel in the floor. They have 5/8 heads, and a shoulder, and the threads point up. There will be a flange nut on the top. If you still have yours...don't lose them. They are stupid expensive, kind of unique, and hard to find. Most are broken off.