• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

screwed hubs or something....

MountainGuy

Loc.
Athens, Georgia
Alright, i had to jump off my dad's truck the other day and i put my bronco in a weird position where i had to use 4 wheel drive to get out. When i turned the hubs back to where they needed to be in order for it be in 2 wheel drive again, my driver side one won't turn all the way. What the crap?

thanks

Hnrys69

Bronco Guru
take it out and clean it. Just gunk buildup will cause it to feel frozen. Careful using plyers or similar to turn it as it can break the plastic knob...

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
Sometimes a few back ups and pull forwards will do the trick to free them up. Do not put grease in them when cleaning up like I used too !

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
Just a little motor oil will do the trick. Grease will cause them to bind and I know this from actual and practical experience. I used to be a greaser ;)

72Sport

Bronco Guru
Turn the wheels to the left as far as it will go (short of loading the PS) while someone turns the lock on the hub. It works for me.

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
And by the way, it was once said as a joke that MXPAZ installed grease fittings to his locking hubs, but this was only a joke. I actually saw his mighty fine rig at the Oklahoma Classic Bronco Roundup last year and it did not have those fittings.