• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Smittybilt seats yes/no? Hardware options?

Millercorey

Found surprisingly few threads about this. Did a lot of work on my restoration to reuse the PO seats that I thought were good enough. They’re some random seats/sliders that work but they’re pretty faded and the hardware is a bit of a hodgepodge. Certainly work but I feel like they may be an eyesore compared to every other surface that’s been redone.

I’ve been back and forth on the TBP standard or premium seats, but once you factor in shipping you’re looking at probably over a grand for two seats! I could pick up the two below for $450 with no tax and free shipping. Only issue is figuring out the hardware.

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/smittybilt-factory-style-recliner-black-45001/_/R-DSBP-45001

What’s everyone’s thoughts?

-just use your seats for awhile and enjoy driving after 14 months of restoration you whiny ass?

-just pay the money to get the TBP seats. They’re awesome?

-pick up the smittybilt seats and use......what hardware?

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Both from 4wheelparts look good to me. Although the first one looks tall in the seat portion but has the one piece back which I like more then a separate head rest. The second has the shorter seat but separate head rest.

Mine came with the TBP seats in it and they are the best of both for style and are comfortable too. Although looking at mine, The seat portion looks tall. Here's some rough measurements to compare.

Off the floor to:

lowest part of the seat 4"
front of the seat 8 1/2"
side of bolster at rear 6"
side bolster at front 8 1/4"

Attachments

• c9.jpg
    c9.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 126
OP
OP
Millercorey

Millercorey

70Sport

Loc.
Santa Cruz, CA
IIRC they had bolts in the bottom that I used to bolt up to the original slider and passenger mount. I had to use a small piece of flat stock on the drivers side slider to make it line up.

Another option is to get the sliders from TBP separately.

Nothing Special

I had Smittybilt seats in the front of my old CJ5, and I have them now in the rear of my Bronco. Like 70sport, I've had no real complaints about them except the turning the knob to adjust the seat angle is a bit hokey.

However I did decide not to put them in the front of my Bronco after using them in the Jeep. I felt something with better lumbar support might be a better choice for me, so I went with Mastercraft suspension seats.

I can't help you with the hardware. I pretty much fabbed up my own mounts.

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
-just use your seats for awhile and enjoy driving after 14 months of restoration you whiny ass?

-just pay the money to get the TBP seats. They're awesome?

-pick up the smittybilt seats and use......what hardware?

What would make you happiest a few years down the road? Compared to what you may have spent getting to this point - is the difference all that much?

If you're keeping your rig, you'll be in them a long time. Go with the seats you want.