• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Sound system ideas

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I am building a new project 68 and need sound system ideas. Please post pics of Any recent build to get ideas and advice you have. Head unit will be 1 DIN in tuffy. Thanks

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I did the sound bar in my other one. This one is getting in panel mounts. I have custom panels in the front that will take 5.25

omureebe

I always run amps, and a fan of this small Clarion XC2510 5-channel amp (2 front, 2 back, 1 sub). It's so small it sits behind the dash, in between the dash lip and glove box, so you never see it.

Attachments

• Clarion XC2510.jpg
    Clarion XC2510.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 53

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Depends on what type of sound quality your looking for.
-For SQ any amp/EQ built or designed by Robert Zeff is the best you can get.
-Zeff did design some amps for Clarion.
-Stay away from any Zapco product that was done after he sold the company.
-Speakers I would go with DDA in the midwest. They have incredible sound quality.

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks this is a mid to high end build but not going to go over the top on it. Just something that sounds decent but not audiofile design. I was going to use the in door molded panels but changed that today at the interior shop. Now I have to think the fronts again.

agduckhunter

I'm in the same boat with you. My bronco has a pair of crappy mtx tower speakers with a crappy boss amp & powered "sub". These were put in by the previous owner.

With headers, dual exhaust & flowmasters, I have to CRANK it to hear it over the exhaust. I'm thinking about upgrading to wet sounds tower speakers and sound bar with a 300 watt (4x75) amp.

BanditBronco

As far as packaging goes for the fronts, its hard to beat kick panel pods if you aren't going to run them in the doors.

BroncoJimbo

Contributor
Long-term owner
Loc.
North GA
Kicks are the best place for front speakers. I always thought you could fit them as Glass Pony did but never had the cajones to cut the sheet metal. Mine are made from mdf and painted with undercoating. They won't last forever. In the rear there's plenty of room for whatever you want if you use wheel well covers. Mine are the old-school aluminum plate type with 6x9s. A 6" bazooka sub is behind the seat. The 5 channel amp is bolted to the underside of the rear seat. Not audiophile by a long shot but enjoyable enough for top down cruising without being obnoxious.

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
For those with the fiberglass kick speakers, did they interfere with the parking brake?

jbawall

Contributor
Loc.
Edgewood, Washington
For those with the fiberglass kick speakers, did they interfere with the parking brake?

Yes, but it is super easy to move out of the way. Just remove the bolt attaching it to the dash and bend it over to the right, drill a hole and put the bolt in. Works just fine and you don't notice it being at an angle.

omureebe

Yes, but it is super easy to move out of the way. Just remove the bolt attaching it to the dash and bend it over to the right, drill a hole and put the bolt in. Works just fine and you don't notice it being at an angle.

Keep in mind you need shallow depth speakers. I had a pair handy that were too deep, so added a spacer, and way to much to move/bend the parking brake. So.... no parking brake until I get a good pair of shallow speakers. Also... I don't think the fronts throw off much sound so you really need good wattage.

kat

Loc.
Bristol
I don't have any pics but I also am running the Duffy center console with a 1 Din. I am running speakers in fibergalsss in the front kick panels and a small 10 inch enclosed sub.

I installed a small (in size)amp UNDER the Duffy console that you can get for side by sides or motorcycles. I had to raise the Duffy a couple inches but its out the way. Also makes a nice place to drill a hole to run all your wiring UNDER the Bronco.

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think I am going to bite the bullet and do the molded door panels with the 5.25 enclosure. I like that clarion amp size Now just need to pick out good speakers. front, rear and sub. I will check out those dda's today

PDQ

Contributor
Is anyone running a sound bar under the rear seat? I thought I read that on here at one point and was considering that setup. Bluetooth to the amp and soundbar I think may be possible (?)

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have the wet sounds Ultra 10 HD on one of my other Bronco's and am not thrilled with it It does not have a remote power function so it needs to be in reach to turn it on every time you get in. It also does not sound great with adding subs.

FSD

Since I wasn't going to run a top, I went with a Fusion Marine unit and speakers.

Do you have a sealed enclosure on the back side of the speakers? My bronco has the speakers there and the shop that did it long ago made a box, but it is all broken up now and I need to find something.