• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Speakers in doors. Looking for pictures.

Tom Hartz

I am looking for pictures of speakers mounted in doors. I should say I am more interested on how you ran the wires so they look good and what are they in so they don't get torn up or break.

Thanks in advance.
Tom

joshnjulie1

Loc.
Moreno Valley, Ca
I bought the stainless steel door panels and mounted 6.5's on the door panel. I mounted as such that I didn't have to cut anything on the door itself, just the door panel.

I also plan on getting the WH's door limiting straps that are made to run wires through.

This was by far the cleanest way I could think of to run speakers in the door (at a reasonable cost)

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I bought the stainless steel door panels and mounted 6.5's on the door panel. I mounted as such that I didn't have to cut anything on the door itself, just the door panel.

I also plan on getting the WH's door limiting straps that are made to run wires through.

This was by far the cleanest way I could think of to run speakers in the door (at a reasonable cost)

Photos please.......I have the stainless door panels as well.

joshnjulie1

Loc.
Moreno Valley, Ca
Here is a picture of the door panel. i know you are more interested in the wiring but I have not got that far yet.

The door panel is wrapped in flat black vinyl.

Attachments

• Door Panel.jpg
    Door Panel.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 249

joshnjulie1

Loc.
Moreno Valley, Ca
The large opening in the door leaves you plenty of room to mount the speaker without trimming any of the door parts. I moved the opening as far forward as I could, and once cut out, I glued some thick rubber on the inside of the panel.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
So you didn't have to cut into the door with the speaker in that position?
I have never considered that speaker position. Please keep us posted on the rest of your installation. It is looking great thus far....

Hank_

Bronco Guru
I have these

prf-40022_ml.jpg

Painless jamb switches. The speakers won't work with the door open but I can take my doors off without disconnecting any wires.

Henry

OP
OP
Tom Hartz

Tom Hartz

joshnjulie1 and hank_ those are both great ideas. This is going to work out fine. Any more pictures are welcome.

Thank you...
Tom

joshnjulie1

Loc.
Moreno Valley, Ca
So you didn't have to cut into the door with the speaker in that position?
I have never considered that speaker position. Please keep us posted on the rest of your installation. It is looking great thus far....

Cut out for these Kickers was only 4-15/16". opening in the door should approx. 6". I just moved them as close to the front of the opening as I could without having to cut. Just takes some good measuring....and a few metal blades from a jigsaw. I cut it small and used a grinder to make the tightest fit possible.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Cut out for these Kickers was only 4-15/16". opening in the door should approx. 6". I just moved them as close to the front of the opening as I could without having to cut. Just takes some good measuring....and a few metal blades from a jigsaw. I cut it small and used a grinder to make the tightest fit possible.

Keep us posted on the rest of your install and sound quality. I like this set-up.

OP
OP
Tom Hartz

Tom Hartz

How deep are the speakers? The 5 1/4" Polk Audio ones I have hit the arms connected to the bottom of the window.

joshnjulie1

Loc.
Moreno Valley, Ca
I can measure tonight and get back to you. I have a unique situation in that I gutted my doors and welded the top shut to make them half doors so I do not have any guts inside the door except what makes it open and close.

They are still pretty shallow and I bet may still work.

OP
OP
Tom Hartz

Tom Hartz

I can measure tonight and get back to you. I have a unique situation in that I gutted my doors and welded the top shut to make them half doors so I do not have any guts inside the door except what makes it open and close.

They are still pretty shallow and I bet may still work.

Copy. That would make a big difference. I only have 1.400 between the speaker mounting surface and the arm that raises the window.

JGZ

You could try these.

Attachments

• new door panels 009.jpg
    new door panels 009.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 116
  • new door panels 010.jpg
    new door panels 010.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 101
  • door panels 022.jpg
    door panels 022.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 111
  • door panels 024.jpg
    door panels 024.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 102

Justin@WH4x4

Sponsor/Vendor
Here is a picture of the door panel. i know you are more interested in the wiring but I have not got that far yet.

The door panel is wrapped in flat black vinyl.

Those look great Josh, and your right our speaker wire door straps will probably be the easiest and least expensive option for the wires. Awesome work man!

joshnjulie1

Loc.
Moreno Valley, Ca
Thanks. Going to put in an order for them early next week. I need them berfore next Saturday so I will order Monday.

One ? on the door straps. I will still have to drill one small hole in and around the door strap area of the door right? How else will the wires get inside the door?