• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Speakers in doors. Looking for pictures.

Justin@WH4x4

Sponsor/Vendor
Thanks. Going to put in an order for them early next week. I need them berfore next Saturday so I will order Monday.

One ? on the door straps. I will still have to drill one small hole in and around the door strap area of the door right? How else will the wires get inside the door?

That's correct, one small hole which can easily be concealed by the strap, or footman loop for the strap. If you place the order Monday, you should have it on Tuesday. Have a great weekend!

Sniper

Contributor
Loc.
Omaha Nebraska
i'll get some pics of my setup a local shop did for me, already had huge holes cut for the speakers, wish i had known about the WH strap. but i didn't look into running the wires much. would have liked that relocation of the wire hole better. ohwell, the holes there now.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru

Looks fine. These ain't show cars......well some of them are....but us regular guys like your door speaker install.

Are those 6.5" or 5.25" speakers. Did you use any dynamat on the inside of the door and finally did your speakers come with the half cone shaped plastic thing to protect the top half of the speaker from any water/rain that may get in the top of the door.

joshnjulie1

Loc.
Moreno Valley, Ca
As good as it gets that way. Not bad at all.
I guess I will wait and see how the straps work.
I plan on doing the sound system next weekend.
I will have the 2 6.5's in the door.
2 6.5's and a 10" sub in a built box that sits behind the rear seat
5-channel amp under the rear seat
head unit in the center console. I have the tuffy console.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
As good as it gets that way. Not bad at all.
I guess I will wait and see how the straps work.
I plan on doing the sound system next weekend.
I will have the 2 6.5's in the door.
2 6.5's and a 10" sub in a built box that sits behind the rear seat
5-channel amp under the rear seat
head unit in the center console. I have the tuffy console.

Bitchin'

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
Mine are similar to what Demon did.

I wrapped mine in electrical tape to keep the profile small neigh to go between the strap and the sleeve I installed over the strap.

Wait, was that redundant ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
I would go with the second ones myself as fitment and bulkiness would be my concern. Both are cool looking though.

I have a set of the ones with the integrated pocket which comes in really handy for gloves, flashlight, ice scraper, etc. Instill need to put some liner material in the pocket though as it gets noisy with all that stuff rattling around in there.

Fit and finish are top notch !

Sniper

Contributor
Loc.
Omaha Nebraska
Looks fine. These ain't show cars......well some of them are....but us regular guys like your door speaker install.

Are those 6.5" or 5.25" speakers. Did you use any dynamat on the inside of the door and finally did your speakers come with the half cone shaped plastic thing to protect the top half of the speaker from any water/rain that may get in the top of the door.

sorry i didn't get back to this sooner i've gotten very busy lately with my welding class.

they are 5.25" speakers, there is no dynamat on the inside, just paint and dirt, don't believe they came with any half cone thing i asked for some durable speakers and told them that the speakers WOULD get wet. they gave me those and they have done very very well so far and have gotten wet about 10 times and no noticeable affects. the sound is great and when i pull the doors off the 2 small 3.5" speakers under the dash keep up with road noise just fine, with no insulation in the doors they sound great. and it makes no difference.