• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

PA Stock 1976 Explorer, Blue Seats

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It actually is......the early Explorers 72s (tan) & 73s (blue & orange) were random stripe, aka blanket stripe, 74s were red and blue plaid. No Explorers in 75, 76s were blue or tan vinyl - no cloth inserts.

MThalfcab

Contributor
Living the Poor Life
Loc.
Yaak, Montana
It actually is......the early Explorers 72s (tan) & 73s (blue & orange) were random stripe, aka blanket stripe, 74s were red and blue plaid. No Explorers in 75, 76s were blue or tan vinyl - no cloth inserts.
The 74 Explorer S4 Blue had cloth inserts so I'm a bit confused, also are these still For sale?

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The 74 Explorer S4 Blue had cloth inserts so I'm a bit confused, also are these still For sale?

The “74 Explorers had either blue (or red) plaid cloth inserts. The ‘76 Explorers had all vinyl seats in blue or tan. The posting shows as “sold”.

Attachments

• 461A9D10-AA26-4BCE-9AA9-C69264DDB186.jpeg
    461A9D10-AA26-4BCE-9AA9-C69264DDB186.jpeg
    129.1 KB · Views: 33

MThalfcab

Contributor
Living the Poor Life
Loc.
Yaak, Montana
The “74 Explorers had either blue (or red) plaid cloth inserts. The ‘76 Explorers had all vinyl seats in blue or tan. The posting shows as “sold”.
Hey LUBr LuvR,
My VIN tag and Marti report shows S4 as the interior of my Wind Blue Explorer with the Blue I guess you call the plaid inserts interior, I would like to come across a complete set, seats covers door panels, door arm rest, I have black now, could you keep an eye for me:) I think what your saying is these are all vinyl out of an 76?
Thought you were coming fishing to get about of the TX heat
MThalfcab

MThalfcab

Contributor
Living the Poor Life
Loc.
Yaak, Montana
Hey LUBr LuvR,
My VIN tag and Marti report shows S4 as the interior of my Wind Blue Explorer with the Blue I guess you call the plaid inserts interior, I would like to come across a complete set, seats covers door panels, door arm rest, I have black now, could you keep an eye for me:) I think what your saying is these are all vinyl out of an 76?
Thought you were coming fishing to get out of the TX heat
MThalfcab
If I do it right I'll probably need seat belt as well😕

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey LUBr LuvR,
Thought you were coming fishing to get about of the TX heat
MThalfcab

Hey MThalfcab,
If I come across any parts to your interior, will let you know. Yes, the ‘76 interiors were all vinyl. As to getting out of the TX hear, must’ve been another member? I’ve yet to get to TX or MT, but they’re on the list of places I’d like to visit.

*****BTW, none of those samples from SMS are correct for your year. The blue stripe is for a 1973 Explorer, and the blue houndstooth is for Ranger interiors.

The seats in the photo below (random grab off the internet) is correct for your year. Should be a blue vinyl mat, not carpet. The mat is not reproduced - it’s made of “unobtainium”.

IMG_1100.jpeg

Go figure, my bad on that one fellas!

These Broncos teach you something every day. Thought the exact same thing the first time I saw an all vinyl one.

Last edited:

MThalfcab

Contributor
Living the Poor Life
Loc.
Yaak, Montana
that's not explorer interior....must have been recovered at some point.

Hey trailerjack,
You always seem to have what I'm looking for, so I'm going to ask you, if you'll keep an eye out for me on an complete interior package for an 74 Explorer Wind Blue Bronco with an S4 interior, right now I have all black in very good condition but I want to go back to original, from seat belts, to door arm rest, Door panels, seat covers, I would like above original condition, I know some change their Broncos up removing the original stuff. if I can't find original, I'll go with SMS but their pretty priceyEvery time I see you on here, you're always getting cool stuff, half tops for one but I'm in Montana and half tops are expensive to ship but interior shouldn't be too bad. If I'm ever in TX, I'm going to stop by to see you but for now no plans for that far South,
Appreciate!
MThalfcab

MThalfcab

Contributor
Living the Poor Life
Loc.
Yaak, Montana
Hey MThalfcab,
If I come across any parts to your interior, will let you know. Yes, the ‘76 interiors were all vinyl. As to getting out of the TX hear, must’ve been another member? I’ve yet to get to TX or MT, but they’re on the list of places I’d like to visit.

*****BTW, none of those samples from SMS are correct for your year. The blue stripe is for a 1973 Explorer, and the blue houndstooth is for Ranger interiors.

The seats in the photo below (random grab off the internet) is correct for your year. Should be a blue vinyl mat, not carpet. The mat is not reproduced - it’s made of “unobtainium”.

View attachment 908058

These Broncos teach you something every day. Thought the exact same thing the first time I saw an all vinyl one
Hey MThalfcab,

View attachment 908058

These Broncos teach you something every day. Thought the exact same thing the first time I saw an all vinyl one.
Thanks LUBr LuvR,
That helps me a lot and it saved me a bunch of money with SMS. The picture is awesome, it really shows the detail of the interior. Now just finding it or reproducing it. Right now I have a black mat but with the Wind Blue, although the black interior is a good off set, getting back to her original really has me on a mission. Do you have any and I mean any idea on the mat???? I think that will be harder than the seats and panel's. I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time but on the Bronco it looks awesome! What is unobtainium for the mat???
Sorry about TX, it was another member, I have met so many great member on here that share our love for square bodys, sometimes I get confused 😕 I'm old, lol, on the mat, I might put a thread in the wanted section, never know!
Thanks again.
MThalfcab

chuddy

I've got several driver quality floor mats I couldn't seem to throw away for whatever reason:

PF42v38.jpg

SDNF24e.jpg

ltigkAl.jpg

StKryaG.jpg

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
MThalfcab,

“unobtanium” is used to describe a part that is rare, out of production and not available or reproduced.

Chuddy has the seldom seen, unicorn of a blue Explorer mat. Glad you hung onto it. Would love to find the less rare, but very uncommon parchment version for my ‘70.

MThalfcab

Contributor
Living the Poor Life
Loc.
Yaak, Montana
I've got several driver quality floor mats I couldn't seem to throw away for whatever reason:

PF42v38.jpg

SDNF24e.jpg

ltigkAl.jpg

StKryaG.jpg
Hey chuddy,

The one you posted seems to be for the rear bed and if I'm not correct, carpet???? I'm half cabbing and looking for the front half, I might need LUBr LuvR expertise on this one, do you have any quality floor mat ( not carpet ) for the Sky Blue model for the front?? It will have a solid section where your feet work the pedals???? I am very interested:)
Thanks for your time,
MThalfcab

MThalfcab

Contributor
Living the Poor Life
Loc.
Yaak, Montana
MThalfcab,

“unobtanium” is used to describe a part that is rare, out of production and not available or reproduced.

Chuddy has the seldom seen, unicorn of a blue Explorer mat. Glad you hung onto it. Would love to find the less rare, but very uncommon parchment version for my ‘70.
MThalfcab,

I don't know about most rare or as I've been putting it rear, lol didn't have much schooling! I'm looking at chuddys mats, they too me look like carpet but I'm wrong most times unless seen in person. My Bronco is a wagon and in the Sky Blue Explorer model, did they come with the mat in the bed? I'm hoping he has the cab section so I can half cab! So if I was too be interested, he's probably too far for a stop by but if he has the cab, I don't know, the materials at 50 yrs of age is pretty stiff, not something to stuff in a small package. Maybe I should get paint for the mat I have and paint it sky blue!

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The front mats don’t often survive five decades of use. Yes, there were separate front and rear sections. It is a textured rubber mat, in the Base (typically black), Sport (parchment) and Explorer (color keyed to exterior) models. Only Rangers originally came with carpet.

You are absolutely right that the original mats are stiff and fragile. Attempts at removal are risky, and odds are against it surviving folding/rolling/shipping.

MThalfcab

Contributor
Living the Poor Life
Loc.
Yaak, Montana
Hey chuddy,

The one you posted seems to be for the rear bed and if I'm not correct, carpet???? I'm half cabbing and looking for the front half, I might need LUBr LuvR expertise on this one, do you have any quality floor mat ( not carpet ) for the Sky Blue model for the front?? It will have a solid section where your feet work the pedals???? I am very interested:)
Thanks for your time,
MThalfcab
Where are you located? Do you have any of the front driver blue mats?
Thanks for your time!
MThalfcab

MThalfcab

Contributor
Living the Poor Life
Loc.
Yaak, Montana
The front mats don’t often survive five decades of use. Yes, there were separate front and rear sections. It is a textured rubber mat, in the Base (typically black), Sport (parchment) and Explorer (color keyed to exterior) models. Only Rangers originally came with carpet.

You are absolutely right that the original mats are stiff and fragile. Attempts at removal are risky, and odds are against it surviving folding/rolling/shipping.
Thanks for your help LUBr LuvR, appreciated!
MThalfcab
LUBr LuvR, there's a member that contacted me today with what I think is a blue driver front mat, we'll have to see what he's got to say😃

Last edited: