• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Throttle Linkage Sticking

seely

Hey all, I have been having trouble with my throttle sticking and not going down all the way to idle. I can fix it by sticking my foot under and pulling it towards me, but did a little investigating and found that it is sticking as the linkage is going through the firewall. Now that I found the problem area, I’m not quite sure what the fix for this would be. Any ideas on what to adjust/replace?

Picture for reference, the rod is rubbing against the bolt just below it when the pedal is depressed.
11478253a5afd9df3e671a1d5f80ad1a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
Mine does the same thing, BUT there were some mods made to the brake booster mount and the accelerator linkage and it caused the boot at the firewall to bind. I can’t tell from your pic if the lower end of the rod may have a bend in it causing your cross link to bind. On the bright side, you’re getting to work your shin muscle without having to go to the gym. 🤣🤣

Randy

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Also post a picture of where it comes through in the engine compartment please.
What year is your bronco?