• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

transmission cooler lines for AOD- fox or EB?

bcmbcmbcm

Loc.
Wellington Fl
Heyfolks, my rig was taken apart a couple years ago and the transmission cooler lines have been misplaced. I forget which ones they were-stock C4 EB or Fox Mustang AOD. The latter are readily available in new stainless repops. does anyone know what will fit best?

Also, does anyone know what size thread NPT on the cooler end? I will need an adapter for a hose barb for an external cooler.

Thank you,

Brett

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Probably the Mustang. It will better match the transmission. Sounds like you are doing your own custom cooler on the radiator side so I wouldn't be too worried if the line match on that side.

External coolers come in all different sizes and ports. There is no universal thread size. I have seen as small as 1/8NPT to as large as 1/2NPT. And a whole varity of non-NPT ports as well. SEA-ORB, AN(pick a number), metric (pretty rare around here), and a few I have no idea. Not to mention some quick connect.

OP
OP
B

bcmbcmbcm

Loc.
Wellington Fl
Hey folks, I just heard from the shop that there is an issue running into the headers. They are older wild horses/JBA headers. Sh&t..we cannot find what was on there before. It was taken apart and the working setup was misplaced. Will keep you posted. If anyone has any ideas please chime in. I won't be able to get pictures until next week.

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
Meaning that the cooler lines are running into the headers?

I would think they would need to go backwards and then to the frame and around to be ideal and clear the headers. I'm not there yet but was planning on bending my own.