• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Using original Ford Dana 44 disc setup on factory drum Bronco

magstar67

Loc.
Missouri
I have a ‘75 with a Dana 44 front axle with factory non power drums. I have been watching for a used/salvage factory disc brake setup to pop up for sale, can anyone tell me what setups to watch for? I know an early Bronco setup is ideal but what about F100-150 or 78-79 Bronco setups? Anyone know which parts will work and which won’t? Ideally I’d want it to look like a factory setup and use the OEM Ford wear parts etc to make future repairs easier for parts sourcing, that’s why I don’t really want to buy one of the new conversion kits that use parts off of GM vehicles etc. Bronco in pic is available locally fairly cheap. IMG_4560.png

Attachments

• IMG_4560.png
    IMG_4560.png
    905.2 KB · Views: 10

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
While you're grabbing the disc brakes off that truck, grab its steering box too. Someone could use it for a 4x4x2 box.

Todd Z.

Oldtimer

Contributor
Jr. Member with Sr. moments
Loc.
Sunnyvale, CA