• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Holley Terminator X - who's running it? Using COP with it?

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Wilson, Kinsler, Holley or Accufab are some choices for 4150 pattern.
I have been told by tuners and know that longer runner intake tubes help with torque. Truck runners compared to car runners.

I wonder if there is documented measurable increase when going with an "in-line" throttle plate compared to a 4150 flange type throttle body?

Anybody know?

36Fan

Contributor
I dont have any dyno data from different TB's to compare. I would imagine the hp levels would be close in comparison in the cfm range each flowed. Packaging and drivability is the main difference, reason for me using the 4 barrel over a large single blade.

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Longer runners won't increase HP, but should add torque to lower rpms/ street driving/ wheeling. I doubt it's super noticeable.

The 4 throttle blades, plus 2 opening first could create a nice lower rpm drivability though.

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
I am going to try it. It's partially about plenum volume so I'm going to add a spacer under it and see what type of filter hat I can come up with.

I will be pulling warmer air but if I'm turning 4k rpm or more that means s'm moving & I should have pretty good air circulation under the hood anyway due to being fenderless so I don't think I'll be giving up much there.

Another benefit will be getting my filter out of the splash zone that it is in now.

I got some feedback from several hp junkies with dyno #'s showing 15-40 hp increases when using a carb style intake & going away from the single blade & tubing. I don't want to go to a TF style intake but they have a lot going for them for sure.

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
Longer runners won't increase HP, but should add torque to lower rpms/ street driving/ wheeling. I doubt it's super noticeable.

The 4 throttle blades, plus 2 opening first could create a nice lower rpm drivability though.
Exactly...was gonna say that. That was one of the cool things about my BXR intake. I can make the runners long or make them wide open by interchangeable end caps.

I'm excited to mess around and see how they differ.

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
Here are my coils, BTW.

I really like these brackets from a guy on ebay. RiZR or something like that. Can find it of you want.

Attachments

• IMG_7404.jpeg
    IMG_7404.jpeg
    183.7 KB · Views: 39
OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Appreciate the offer but I currently run two coil packs now and they are mounted on the firewall.

My wires barely show but I think I want to go COP to get rid of wires and clean up my firewall even more.

Thanks tho!

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
I bit the bullet and got some parts coming.

I decided to try something different and I am going with a 4 hole 4150 flange and throttle body.

I found a TB setup that is 1000cfm BUT I can adjust the ratio :) of opening the primary & secondary throttle blades so tip-in should not be an issue.

With all the pedal ratio changes and geometry I've worked on to not have issues like so many LS swappers have, I didn't want to start all over again.

frdboy

Contributor
Also, how many that have ever gone this route got with a 4 bolt type throttle body that sits directly on the 4 bolt intake like a SuperVic? I don't personally know any. All use a throttle plate like are used in 89-93 Mass Air setups.

Concerns going either way?

I ran this set up on my 71, stock 351W lower end/heads with a mild cam. Worked awesome.

12799441_10153940204432445_3471332425830309201_n_10153940204432445.jpg

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
That's what I'm doing next... I haven't seen any pics yet but several here have had to have done it.

Update- I just saw some pics! :)

Last edited:

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I will eventually design another forward facing intake from scratch, this time not using a GT40 lower. I will probably do a godzilla coil pack on the valve cover design soonish.

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Exactly...was gonna say that. That was one of the cool things about my BXR intake. I can make the runners long or make them wide open by interchangeable end caps.

I'm excited to mess around and see how they differ.
that's what Honda does with their V-Tech. Intake runners change on vacuum signal (and I'm sure other parameters).

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
I'm going to move all my Q & A stuff to my build thread because right now there are 3 different threads going and I"m going to lose all my info and not remember why or where the changes & updates are. lol

This thread and post # 1354.
Term X stuff starts rolling a few pages later as I decide on coil driver, harness, wasted spark, etc
https://classicbroncos.com/forums/t...5-wb-stretch-2-floor-lower-p-s.278607/page-68