• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Visit by Bronco Legend Don Barlow today

yjzonie

Loc.
Scottsdale, AZ
Today was a great day, as I had a visit by Bronco legend and Baja Racer Don Barlow. After checking out my Bronco and commenting me on her build, he started talking about all kinds of adventures he had in these trucks. He also only bought one Bronco, a 74 Ranger, just like the one I own, even the same color, Sequoia Brown. All the other Bronco he drove where given to him to race or prerun with.
The stories he told where just so much fun to listen to and begged me to keep listening to them. I've invited him to go out driving around sometime when this desert cools down. He was greatful and accepted. I was as happy as in my youth in San Diego watching all the racer going to Baja to race.
This all comes about becuase my nieghbor is Don's grandson. I know alot of the family becuase of this. It's great to be a Bronco lover and meet some of the guys and gals that made these trucks famous.
Just thought I would share my good to all the Bronco lovers out there.

Bill

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Cool Story! See if he has some old pictures and if he does, see if he will let you scan them and post them on here! :)

OP
OP
yjzonie

yjzonie

Loc.
Scottsdale, AZ
He has tons and I have to make plans to go up to his place and check out all the history that he has pack away. Then i'll be able to post that up.