• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What size lift is adjustable trac bar or drag link needed

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
At what size lift should you use an adjustable trac-bar and/or drag link? It was few years ago I had 72 that had a 2” lift and I’m pretty sure I didn’t use either but maybe a drop pitman arm... but what ever I did it seemed fine. But now there is all kinds of new things on the market I’d like to set up right from the start of things.

Anyways my plan is for the family build will just have a 2” lift with and I’m thinking front sway bar... maybe a back sway bar too?

Broncobowsher

Total hack
With properly located drop/riser brackets, you don't need them.

Adjustable track bar comes in handy to center the axle. Which happens when you run a steeper than stock track bar angle. Sometimes the drop/riser brackets don't exactly match the lift, which will pull the axle slightly off center. And if your OCD is bad enough that it is a problem, the adjustable track bar is the fix.

The adjustable drag link is sort of the same way. Lets you dial in getting the steering box centered when the axle is centered. And/or center the steering wheel, but only fine tuning where moving one spline on the steering shaft isn't enough to correct your OCD. Don't use it for gross steering wheel alignment as that will throw off the centering of the steering box.