• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What tools do you carry? Tool storage?

OP
OP
Biohazard

Biohazard

Loc.
Central Arkansas
While at OCBR this past year I took notice of how some guys stored parts and tools. Some pretty ingenious ideas. Spare stub shafts clamped to fenders, tool bags, roll cage mounted boxes, etc. some really thought out ideas, as well as what looked like afterthoughts.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Leave the cheapo tools at home. Stick with the professional quality stuff for your trail kit. Free replacement at Menard's doesn't mean much when your broke down on the trail and can't drive to the store.

I like good quality tools too, but I can't see giving a set to some low-life tweaker.

(Methamphetamine addict)

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I like good quality tools too, but I can't see giving a set to some low-life tweaker.

(Methamphetamine addict)

What gets me is when I walk through walmart parking lot,I see all kinds of tools etc in backs of trucks n this just would unnerve me!!

Lawndart

Loc.
Day to day, I carry a nice tool roll with a standard complement of SAE tools.
Notables include -
Multimeter
Small set of jumper wires (worked wonderfully when I needed to hotwire the Bronco when I lost my key while test riding a motorcycle...)
Clamp tite tool
Vacuum caps
Couple feet of fuel hose
Strong safety wire
Zip-ties of varying size
Here is the toolroll - http://adventuretoolcompany.com/product/shoproll-tool-roll