• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

where to buy spicer transfer case parts

BroncoOwner.me

I have a 66 bronco with original 3 speed transmission and my local transmission shops says that I need a metal cover for the transfer case shaft shown in the picture below. Any thoughts on a source for this? Also, in the second picture you see the transfer case mounts are worn and the transfer case is resting on the cross member. Any thoughts on where to get these as well?

Attachments

• transmission_part1.jpg
    transmission_part1.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 44
  • transmission_part2.jpg
    transmission_part2.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That's the transfer case, not the transmission. Parts for a Dana 20 transfer case are available from most of the EB parts houses shown on the left side of the screen here. Same goes for those transfer case mounts.

Edit: that missing shift rail sleeve/cover..that's going to be a little tough to find new.

The transmission is a Ford product, btw.

OP
OP
BroncoOwner.me

BroncoOwner.me

That's the transfer case, not the transmission. Parts for a Dana 20 transfer case are available from most of the EB parts houses shown on the left side of the screen here. Same goes for those transfer case mounts.

Edit: that missing shift rail sleeve/cover..that's going to be a little tough to find new.

The transmission is a Ford product, btw.

thx, :) thats what I get for not even looking myself and posting the pictures from the transmission shop.

For the shift rail cover? Is this the correct one? http://shop.broncograveyard.com/Shift-Rail-Cap-Dana-20-each/productinfo/11656/

Looking at it now it appears that there is already one there right above the one in the picture. (So two right beside each other)

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well there ya are! I never had to buy one ...didn't know our great vendor community had that part covered too.