• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CA WTD: Front driveshaft, AOD trans ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattt

Bronco Guru
Looking for a modified or aftermarket front driveshaft that will work with an AOD trans. I think it needs to be smaller diameter to clear the AOD pan. I can have one made locally, but figured I'd see if I could rustle one up that someone has and is no longer using or. Local or distant....I have a UPS account to handle shipping.

OP
OP
M

mattt

Bronco Guru
Yes, it will bolt up just fine. However, once you start flexing it and compressing on the drivers side, the larger diameter(~2 3/4") shaft will hit the corner of the pan. If you're not worried about compressing that side, a stock shaft will work. I'd prefer something that wouldn't hit under any circumstance given my intended usage with the EB.

OP
OP
M

mattt

Bronco Guru
Yours....what diameter is the front driveshaft you have? Where is the slip...at the bottom(axle end) or top(D20 end)?

OP
OP
M

mattt

Bronco Guru
bump....I picked up a long 1310 CV drive shaft but figured I'd throw this up one more time before having this one modified.

Status
Not open for further replies.