• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

C-4 guru's. Shift linkage questions.

screamin reel

Loc.
Calgary, Alberta, Ca
The C-4 on the left from what I gather is the stock set-up.
The C-4 on the right is what I have. The neutral safety switch was mounted underneath as opposed to the top mount of the stock version.

The previous owner had a 3" body lift and I now have a 1" body lift but it now binds on the floor panel.

My questions are :

Why would the previous owner / tranny builder do this ?
Could I just cut and re-weld so the leg is pointing downward so I no longer bind up on the floor ?
Better to leave as is and get a 2" body lift ?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0388.jpg
    IMG_0388.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0389.jpg
    IMG_0389.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 28

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Did the previous owner use a floor mounted shifter?

Yes, left pic is stock and so is right pic. The shift lever was just installed 180 degrees out. Common when converting to floor shifter. You can take the valve body out and swap the lever back the other way. Easier than a body lift.

lowpressure

Loc.
Shreveport, LA
yep, when u take off the pan and then take out the valve body you will see a nut on the shaft on the inside of the case. take it off. u will see two flat spots on the shaft also. flip the shaft 180 degrees so the other flat spot lines up and then reinstall the nut. make sure that your shaft seal doesnt get hurt while taking the shaft in and out. very common leak point. reinstall the valve body and pan and whala!! Its a lot easier and cheaper than changing your body lift again.

OP
OP
screamin reel

screamin reel

Loc.
Calgary, Alberta, Ca
Thanks for your replies.

I would definitely like to stay with the 1" body lift so I'll give this a go.

Should have asked this question before I reinstalled the tranny.