• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Finally getting started

OP
OP
hunter1

hunter1

Contributor
Loc.
Maryville, Tn
Mocked up Hydroboost. Moved it over 11" from stock MC location. Sits over driver's side fender now. Made a cad drawing of 1/4" plate to support it all on the firewall and had it burnt out on a burn table. Modified the pedal assembly with longer shaft and pinned the brake pedal boss to the shaft with a hardened pin. clutch pedal floats on the shaft, so still able to use clutch pedal and rod. Still need to add bronze bushing in the support at the end of the shaft, lengthen the HB actuator rod, and weld the lever to the shaft. Got the idea from a couple members on here, Spaggyroe and Madgyver. HB over fender 2.jpg HB Looking down 2.jpg HB through hatch.jpg HB Underneath 2.jpg

Attachments

• Engine bay HB.jpg
    Engine bay HB.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 17
OP
OP
hunter1

hunter1

Contributor
Loc.
Maryville, Tn
Finally rolling! Brought it out of the garage this morning after a few months of putting axles in it, disc brakes and fitting a hydroboost mod in it. Sits a little high, but hope it settles enough to my liking. have adjusted body gaps some more and installed hood gas struts. Put some old wheels and tires on it (32 11.50 15) to see how it would sit. Plan on 33 9.50 15's. I believe they'll be OK under it. IMG_1519[1].jpg

OP
OP
hunter1

hunter1

Contributor
Loc.
Maryville, Tn
Finally rolling! Brought it out of the garage this morning after a few months of putting axles in it, disc brakes and fitting a hydroboost mod in it. Sits a little high, but hope it settles enough to my liking. have adjusted body gaps some more and installed hood gas struts. Put some old wheels and tires on it (32 11.50 15) to see how it would sit. Plan on 33 9.50 15's. I believe they'll be OK under it. View attachment 915792
IMG_1513.jpg IMG_1514.jpg IMG_1449.jpg

57baja

Contributor
Finally rolling! Brought it out of the garage this morning after a few months of putting axles in it, disc brakes and fitting a hydroboost mod in it. Sits a little high, but hope it settles enough to my liking. have adjusted body gaps some more and installed hood gas struts. Put some old wheels and tires on it (32 11.50 15) to see how it would sit. Plan on 33 9.50 15's. I believe they'll be OK under it. View attachment 915792

Looks like it's coming along nicely 👌

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sweet set up! Nice work.
Does that kit come complete with the flex tube section and all?
How long is the muffler?

OP
OP
hunter1

hunter1

Contributor
Loc.
Maryville, Tn
Thanks! This was not a kit, just straight sections and bend pieces together and made to work. The muffler is about 25” I believe, pretty long but fit nicely. The flex pieces were bought separately as well. Curious to see if it will be too loud.