• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Brake light switch to H block

FORD*DIEHARD

Contributor
**CORRECTION ON THE TITLE-BRAKE PRESSURE SWITCH TO H BLOCK

So I am getting ready to bleed my brakes and when I went to plug in the brake light switch connector to the H block and when I went to install the connector and the brake line is in the way. I have attached so photos with different anes.
Just want to make sure the brake lines are hooked up right (rear brake line to the driver side and the front brake line to the passenger side).

When you bleed the brakes do you need to have the brake light switch connected to the H block connector while bleeding or do you not connect it while bleeding?

If I am missing something else, please let me know.

Thank you in advance for your time/help,

Sonny

Attachments

• 20210130_131930.jpg
    20210130_131930.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Unless that is something odd and aftermarket, that is not the brake light switch. Brake light switch is under the dash where the pedal attached to the pushrod going into the master cylinder. The exception to this is a '66 that had a pressure switch on the single pot master cylinder.

That should be a pressure imbalance switch. So if you lost brakes on one end or the other and somehow you couldn't tell you lost half your brakes, it turns on a warning light to tell you that the brakes have failed.

That looks like a bunch of new lines. I can only guess that whoever installed the lines didn't think about access to the electrical connector after the lines were installed. They are called hard lines, but they can be bent. Or more commonly you form them to the shape to fit. There are fancy bending tools, but your thumbs work pretty good as well. Just don't kink it. You might be able to just loosen the fitting and rotate the line a little bit to make things clear. Hard to tell how things fit in a 3D world with a 2D picture.

OP
OP
FORD*DIEHARD

FORD*DIEHARD

Contributor
Yes, sorry I am working on multiple projects at once trying to get it back on the road and typed the wrong part, that was the last thing I was working on before I started typing. That's is the "pressure switch" from the H block to the light inside.

Now hopefully I am making sense, can the brakes be bleed without the connector plugged in or should I plug it in while bleeding the brakes- if it matters.

Thank you in advance for your time/help,

Sonny

Broncobowsher

Total hack
The electrical connector has nothing to do with the bleeding or the function of the brakes. Many have had that switch disconnected for decades.