• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I gave up and caved in on a camper

ngsd

Bronco Guru
After searching with no luck for a Bronco camper like the one pictured, I decided to go to the dark side and get a Blazer Chalet that came up for sale today. They are still reasonable but getting more expensive by the day so thought I could at least have fun with it while I restore it and hopefully a Bronco camper surfaces someday.

Attachments

• camper.jpg
    camper.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 486
  • rt side.jpg
    rt side.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 349

hsach

Contributor
Members Only
Well.......That is just awesome!

Very cool Blazer. Please post up more picks when you can, I have never seen one of those in person.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Those are cool. We discussed one I stumbled on a while back and decided it wouldn't be what we really wanted or needed so we passed. They are definitely cool all the same.

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
Nice. I love the Blazers! One sold recently for 38k or something like that on BAT. I also saw one around here not too long ago for sale but I had my eyes on a bronco so I didn't even tempt myself.

TN1776

Bronco Guru
My dad had a K5 when I was a teen; I loved that truck.
I do recall very clearly that there were stickers on the inside of the removable rear hard top, which stated that the blazer was not intended for use with a slide-in camper. I guess the Chalet gets around that by not sliding in? lol. Regardless, this is very cool and I would not mind having one myself.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Nice. I love the Blazers! One sold recently for 38k or something like that on BAT. I also saw one around here not too long ago for sale but I had my eyes on a bronco so I didn't even tempt myself.

There was the bonkers one that sold for $125K recently.

Todd Z.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
After searching with no luck for a Bronco camper like the one pictured, I decided to go to the dark side and get a Blazer Chalet that came up for sale today. They are still reasonable but getting more expensive by the day so thought I could at least have fun with it while I restore it and hopefully a Bronco camper surfaces someday.

That orange Bronco in your post is now for sale on Ebay for $73K or $49K if you really want one :).

Todd Z.

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Bronco Guru
That orange Bronco in your post is now for sale on Ebay for $73K or $49K if you really want one :).

Todd Z.

Yeah I saw that. That is a nice one but not what I wanted to budget for my camping needs. The Blazer is a budget friendly alternative!

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That Bronco camper has been for sale a long time (several years?) now. Started out about $29K and has yet to change hands.

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
They're all distractions from each other. My '96 FSB is a distraction from my '70 EB pick-up, and my '71 Wagoneer is a distraction from my FSB.

Some light reading for you: https://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/topic/14998-four-wheel-blazer-pop-up-finally-found-one/

Highly recommend finding a set of the Rancho K5 "Pre-Runner" springs that I posted the p/n for ages ago on cK5.com. Unlike like nearly all other Rancho springs these are exceptionally good and nice riding front leaf springs.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I remember those springs. Sounds like they aren’t for sale anymore from Rancho and you have to find a set when they come up for sale? Or can you still buy them new?
Either way, might be just as cost-effective to have some custom-made.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Highly recommend finding a set of the Rancho K5 "Pre-Runner" springs that I posted the p/n for ages ago on cK5.com. Unlike like nearly all other Rancho springs these are exceptionally good and nice riding front leaf springs.

Good to know..

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Had me a string of K5 blazers before I found the bronco. I think I started with a 69 then a 72, a 74 and lastly an 83? Had a great time in all of them.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Had me a string of K5 blazers before I found the bronco. I think I started with a 69 then a 72, a 74 and lastly an 83? Had a great time in all of them.

Lots of great memories right.. OCBR next year dude.. Start planning it @bigmuddy