• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

15% Ethanol

mpboxer

Contributor
Loc.
Queen Creek, AZ
NOT a political post and don’t want it to turn into one. Heard a rumor Biden approved ethanol in our fuel to increase to 15%.

Will us carb guys see bigger affects from this? Does this potentially mean more vapor lock possibility?

Mike

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
My understanding is that they simply lifted the ban which prevented it from being sold in the summer since it increases pollution. It is not going to replace, or should not replace what is sold at the pump. I would not put it in my Bronco if they were giving it away.

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The non-ethanol gas is pricey, especially now. But I’d rather pay up front than deal with the havoc ethanol causes. Not many stations carry it, but fortunately it is available within a reasonable distance.

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
E-15 isn't new nor are they doing away with E-10 in lieu of E-15. It's been around for a while mainly in high smog areas? Don't think it's sold around here. It's ban during the "summer" months because it causes more smog than E-10 BUT produces less CO2 blah blah No free lunch as they say.

Not all cars/trucks can run it....More can than E-85 "flex fuel" but to me it's not worth the risk for saving ten cents per gal.

Tim