• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1966 Cowl Seal

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Excellent work Tim.

Looking forward to checking that item off our list! ;D

so.oregon66

Loc.
Medford, OR
Sorry........didn't check the rest of the thread before I posted. But if there is ANY way I could get in on a future order of these or find out who to talk to, I'm all in for ordering this for my 66. Looks like a lot of work went into getting these made up.

Dan

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
Glad this came up, as I never got mine? Be honest, had completely forgotten.

OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
More are on the way. They are made one at a time! So hope to get another shipment next week, As for more, the manufacturer said they are open to making as many as we need. So will take orders for more as they come in. Sorry I have been off-line this week with the computer at the book keepers (long story). Also, good news on the '66 shifter boot. Looks like it definitely is a possibility!!! Yes!!!! They are working on a prototype and wanting to at least produce about 250. So I will post to see who is interested soon. The are the rubber boots for the transfer case. And I am expecting the square stock cowl to hood seal too. That should be here on the next shipment of airbox seals. Not sure on the price tag for that yet. Will follow up here soon. tim

OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Last Order Filled

All seals went out two days ago. Anyone else? Hope everyone likes them. Sure has been a long road on getting these!!! tim

OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
They Are Back!

Okay, received the latest prototype and they are fantastic! They even managed to get the small rib markings on the top portion. That was my request after they made the mold. Makes them look more genuine! The consistency is like the originals, the height is great and seals to the hood and the base sits just like the originals. Three of the four sides sit over the airbox screws. The one side (I believe driver's) does not. Just like the originals! I will try and mark on the underside with an arrow pointing to the front of the bronco how they are to sit. These are cast as one piece and not mitered and glued as first suspected.

So here is the low-down for production. There is enough resin material to make 50 for the first batch. What I need is to collect money and quantity to place the order. I really do not want to front all the money for these as I need solid commitments. Only way is to start collecting moolah! Cost is at $50 per airbox seal. A second one cost the same. The only break is getting the shipping down when quantity is up. So, $50 + $7.50/shipping for one. Buy 2 ($100) of them and shipping is $12.50. If there are more than two, just add $5/seal for cost. Hope this all is clear!

All I need is to get the first 50 paid for. If we fill the first order, they will do a second order of 50 as well. Right now I have about 65 on a list that I have been keeping track of. All that responded on this thread are on it.

Below are photos showing what the old ones typically look like and then the new one. Hope everyone likes it! Btw, getting it to this stage has taken about a year! Not an overnight deal. I am also getting them to send me a sample of the one piece cowl seal too. It measures 60" long x 5/8" square stock and is also found on top of the '66 cowls. I will try and place a photo as well of this. I will post as soon as I get samples.

All payments can be made with Paypal, postal money order, cashier's check or bank check (pm me for my mailing address). My email is: timhulick@aol.com.

Also, watch the www.roadsterU13.com store for upcoming products for the '66 roadster/bronco as well as other years (the latest U13 long t-sleeve shirts are available and ready to ship on the site). There is a ton of items that is/will be available soon!! Some are even produced through joint arrangements with other vendors as well as fellow bronco brothers.

Last, John, thanks for letting post this on CB. It is nice to hear John say "no problem"!!!

Yes I received a batch of 15 the other day and more are on the way. 5 are gone as of yesterday with 10 available immediately. Excellent pieces again! Same price and shipping. Anyone interested, let me know. tim

OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Three more promised and sold tonight pending payment! Thanks guys. tim

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
I will take one. Email sent.

Any chance of using the same mold company for the accordian transfer case hadle gasket?

Last edited:
OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Shifter Boot

I will take one. Email sent.

Any chance of using the same mold company for the accordian transfer case hadle gasket?

Actually glad you brought this up! It's in the works as well. Hoping to get word soon or an actual prototype would be the greatest. Getting anyone to produce parts such as these is a huge deal. Unless it is a high volume or high dollar effort, you find yourself on "their time", so patience is definitely a virtue!! I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Also, the "square stock" cowl to hood seal is also coming! This is the 5' long piece that you find glued down on top of the '66 and '67s cowls before they were moved to the backside of the hood itself and mounted with fasteners.

Attachments

• IMG_0968.jpg
    IMG_0968.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3973.jpg
    IMG_3973.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 39

66broncofan

Contributor
Tim, Just wanted to thank you again for producing this part for us. I have not installed mine yet but its great! I'm looking forward to the other square stock seal and transfer case gaskets too.

77Bronco636

I have a couple of these seals from Tim and they are great! Nice stuff!!! Thanks for the effort Tim on getting these made!!! They were worth the wait and worth the money!!!
Paul ;D