• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1966 Cowl Seal

OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for the compliments! Just glad that another batch arrived and still available. Getting some of these "small" items done takes tons of patience. Suppose it's all good in the end though!! Glad everyone likes the seals. Anyone else, let me know. Hoping to get word next week on the shifter boot and the square stock. tim

OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Anyone else? I am boxing a few for shipment this week. tim

Ovalis

Contributor
Loc.
Los Angeles
I just received a couple of these seals and they are excellent quality.
I'm really happy with them.
You '66 guys better jump on them before they're gone.

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
Quick question. I have a 66, box is not metal. I will be using a fiberglass hood. I also have custom polished aluminum finned vent scoops that I will be mounting on the hood. But I would still like to make a good seal within the engine compartment for the vents. Will thise seal good with a fiberglass hood? Attached is pics of the alum vents.

Thanks
Scott

Attachments

• Billet Vent Scoop.jpg
    Billet Vent Scoop.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 27
  • Billet Vent Scoop2.jpg
    Billet Vent Scoop2.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 23
OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Boots are in development - cross fingers at least! I'll post when I have any news.

OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Finally!

An amazing batch of 20 airbox seals for the early '66 broncos arrived the other day after a two year wait!! They are perfect and ready for shipment! These are the driver's side cowl to hood vent rubber seals that you find on the very early '66 broncos that are outfitted with the metal airbox. They are extremely hard to come by, so first come, first serve. Please go to the "vendors" section of the classifieds for further details. Vendor link: http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2645608#post2645608 thanks, tim

Last edited:

66broncofan

Contributor
Just wanted to say thank you for doing these! I ordered from the original batch and couldn't be happier.
Any word on the cowl seal that runs the length of the engine bay? Can't remember what its call but its like 50" long or so and square.