• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1973 bronco fuel line diagram

belair327

hey guys im working on a 73 bronco it had 3 fuel tanks i did away with all but the rear one on back of tank there is 2 lines i know one goes to the fuel pump where does the orther one go if anyone has a diagram that would help me id be greatful for any help thanks

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Like this.

Attachments

• Ford1973V2pix0206_jpg.jpg
    Ford1973V2pix0206_jpg.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 418

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Where is the second one you found? You might not know where it heads at the other end, but if you can tell us where it is that you can see, that might help.
If'n it's not one of the vent lines, might'n it be one of the illusive return lines that some '73's got?
Be right up Viperwolf's alley if it was.

Maybe when you get time too, if your VIN starts with either a "P" or a "Q" pop on over to his "Mind your P's and Q's" thread to add your info.

Good luck. And welcome to CB too!

Paul

OP
OP
B

belair327

ok this is what i havethere are to small lines on drivers side of the rear tank they run along drivers side frame to the jug on inside of 1/4 panel im thinking this are vent lines? then on back side of the tank there is two more lines i know where the one runs to the fuel pump the orther one runs along drivers side frame to about the middle of truck then turns and heads towards pass side of truck where the third tank use to be orther then the orther 2 tanks the only thing i took off was the part that switches the fuel to the tanks under drivers side do i need this line hooked up to something or can i just cap it off im at a loss

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yours is different from any that I've seen. Be great to see some pics if you can.

Since you removed the selector valve, you can cap off the return line I would think. Besides, if it's not blowing fuel all over the place at this point, then it's been disconnected from the engine compartment already anyway.

I'll wait till I see a pic or two to make any more suggestions. I don't remember a third vent line. Just the two small ones, the medium feed from the sending unit, the semi-large fill-vent hose piggybacked on to the filler neck, and the large filler hose.
I may just not be remembering correctly, but I don't think my '71 had the extras.

Paul

OP
OP
B

belair327

ya guys i think i got it figed out. im just going to cap that line off. i sure it was just a feed line to the third tank.the only line that came form the motor was form the fuel pump. thanks for the help im very greatful great site here god bless u all