• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CA 1973 Explorer-sale canceled

Status
Not open for further replies.

yewhi

Loc.
San Diego
Up for sale is my 1973 Bronco. It had an older body off restoration (~12 years ago) and has been garaged ever since. The resto was never meant to be show quality so there were flaws, even when newly done. Still the body is in very good shape with virtually no rust.

Below are some of the features.

302 with motorcraft 2100 carb. Carb is older with a manual choke. Engine is a replacement with approximately 15,000 miles. It does leak a little oil.

New Pertronix billet distributer, Pertronix wires and E3 plugs installed in May.

New battery.

Stock 3 speed manual with Hurst floor shifter

Stock T case

Front end is a 76/77 dana 44 with disc brakes.

Rancho 5000's all around with dual shocks up front.

Brakes have been serviced on all four wheels in May.

Dual Gas Tanks. Both sending units were replaced in May with new solenoid and toggle switch in the dash. Rear Tank is a brand new 13 gallon tank from TBP.

Tuffy center console with older Clarion Stereo and 6 disc changer.

15 X 8 inch American Racing Baja wheels with old style BFG All terrain tires.

Truck is not lifted rear wheel wells have been cut and fiberglass flares installed.

Wilderness Trail rack

Everything works!

6020046434_f4078a63a8_z.jpg

6020047292_2714eaf276_z.jpg

6020064350_eae18297e4_z.jpg

6019499977_8031133020_z.jpg

Complete sets of pictures including the under carriage are here...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/yewhi/sets/72157627380624196/

Please PM me with questions.

Thanks!

Tim

Last edited:
OP
OP
yewhi

yewhi

Loc.
San Diego
Gentlemen,

I'm going to apologize up front. My Father took a turn for the worse yesterday evening and isn't to survive too much longer. We are currently in watching/waiting mode. I will undoubtably have to return to Colorado in the next few days to help my family.

Consequently, I think the best course of action is to pull the add for a couple of weeks until I have my Dad's affairs in order. The truck is for sale but right now family takes presidence and I will be spotty at best. I apologize for the inconvenience and will repost in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for understanding.

Tim N.

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
Gentlemen,

I'm going to apologize up front. My Father took a turn for the worse yesterday evening and isn't to survive too much longer. We are currently in watching/waiting mode. I will undoubtably have to return to Colorado in the next few days to help my family.

Consequently, I think the best course of action is to pull the add for a couple of weeks until I have my Dad's affairs in order. The truck is for sale but right now family takes presidence and I will be spotty at best. I apologize for the inconvenience and will repost in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for understanding.

Tim N.[/QUOT
So sorry to here this, may God be with you and your family. I lost my pops 2 years ago. Nothing more important than them and your family right now.

timprather

update

Sorry to hear about your family....I'm very interested in the Bronco I live in Los Angeles and can come to San Diego any time to look at it. let me know

you can email me directly at
tprather@elitebankcard.com

Scott Hammons

Very Interested

Would like to know if it is still available?? If so, can I call you and set up a time to come an look at it?? You can reach me at 206-617-4161

Regards,

Scott

cmc

Interested & local

PM sent with contact info; appreciate opportunity to discuss when your time permits. Understand family priorities as well. Regards, Mike C.

OP
OP
yewhi

yewhi

Loc.
San Diego
Gentlemen,

I wanted to thank you all for the kind words and best wishes. I also wanted to say thanks for the interest in the Bronco. At this point in time I think the best course of action is to retract the sale. I simply have too much going on between family and work that needs my attention and this is a low priority in the grand scheme of things.

As the old saying goes, when it rains it pours. Dad fought hard but in the end passed away on Friday night. I'm working with my brothers to get him back to Colorado and buried beside my mom. Hopefully then we can settle most of his affairs. Unfortunately, I'm on the east coast for work the next few weeks after that followed by a return to Colorado for my brothers wedding. Too much in a very short amount of time.

I sincerely apologize to all and never meant to lead anyone on. I know I've been remiss in replying to all the PM's and emails you've all sent wishing me well and expressing interest in the car. I am sorry for that as well.

I will likely relist it later this fall once things have settled down and I'm able to breathe a little easier and think with a more clear mind. This just isn't the time.

Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers!

Tim

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Sad to hear and my thoughts and prayers are with your and yours.

Gene

Scott Hammons

Still Interested

I realize you have family matters to attend to first but I would really appreciate a heads up when you list this again, I am very interested.

Regards,

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.