• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1975 Bronco Ranger Build.

OP
OP
mini73

mini73

Great to see another early Bronco coming back to life. I just bought a Brown/yellow '75 Ranger myself. Between my '66 EB and my '81 FSB I'm busy. Retirement is wonderful for the free time. I guess I should post pictures of my newest also. By the way you do know that you were infected with a illness that there is no known cure for. It's called Broncoholics! And it looks like you got it BAD. I got it worse :eek::cool:

Yeah I'm retired from the Navy. 20 years! I still work though. got of things I like to do and have bills. I am constantly working on the bronco and trying to make it better. I like sitting back and thinking "I did it all myself". I get a lot of enjoyment of doing things myself and people liking the bronco. I had 2 people today in 2 separate occasions asking to buy it. "Not a chance" I told them. Not right now anyways. Having to much fun making it mine!!!

Bart

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Buffalo Gap, Texas
yeah i'm retired from the navy. 20 years! I still work though. Got of things i like to do and have bills. I am constantly working on the bronco and trying to make it better. I like sitting back and thinking "i did it all myself". I get a lot of enjoyment of doing things myself and people liking the bronco. I had 2 people today in 2 separate occasions asking to buy it. "not a chance" i told them. Not right now anyways. Having to much fun making it mine!!!

me too!!!!

OP
OP
mini73

mini73

Not much done after the new color change but I did manage to pick up some used 31x10.50x15 BFG's at $150 for all 4. went to work and mounted and balaced them then put them on. They look so much better than the small street tires that I have had on there. At least now I know I can put on some 32's once I am ready! I really want to go 33's but I think I might go with another 1" on the body lift for those to fit.

Attachments

• IMG_1131_2.jpg
    IMG_1131_2.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1133.jpg
    IMG_1133.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 47
OP
OP
mini73

mini73

Im diggin that copper paint.What did it cost?Did you buy the kit or just plastidip?

I already had the spray gun from when I did the plastic dip the first time so all I needed was to buy the paint I wanted. Since I already had a base coat on it all I needed was 1 gallon of black, 1 gal of matt clear, one gallon of glossifier and 4 50gram bags of the burnt cooper alloy. I put a black base color down like they did in the video with the mustang because I was not sure how it would look with a light blue base down on it. My bronco did not take as much as they used on the mustang due to me not having doors and a top.

OP
OP
mini73

mini73

Ordered WH add on cages

Finally ordered the WH San Felipe front and rear add on cages for my bronco. Been wanting to do this for some time now. Think it will get bronco looking more like I want it and also if done right, will give me little more protection. I can also get the rear seat back in, seat belts and everything and give the grandson a ride in it. He is always wanting to go for a ride but I never did take him because of the lack of the rear roll bar and seat belts. I plan on tacking it in place and having a certified welder completely weld all of it. Anything I should look for when tacking it in place? Other than the doors? Thanks for looking and happy New Years!!!