• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

2.5" Lift, do I need drop Pitman arm, tracbar drop bracket?

broncoP

Contributor
Installing a 2.5" lift. I've always run 3.5" with drop Pitman arm keeping angles parallel
With 2.5", do I need drop Pitman arm, tracbar drop bracket? Will be daily driver

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
Don't think you NEED it however it helps IMO. I have both on my rig. It drives nice.......Hard street driven......

Tim

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That’s tradition talking. Nowadays as drivers we are more picky about how our Broncos drive and handle on the street.
Personally I prefer using them on 2 1/2 inch lifts, but as said, it’s not “needed“ specifically.
Depends on your setup and your tolerance for imperfect steering.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Unfortunately that’s all they had. They were on the right track for their 3 inch lift, but never followed through.
They did make/source the perfect Pitman arm for that, but they only listed it for the F150 and did not have one with a smaller taper for the bronco.
Too bad too, because they showed they could make a well-built track bar drop bracket.
They also only lifted the rear 2 inches to match their 3 inch lift coils. Kind of reverting to the pick up truck logic.

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Do you have plans for a tie rod over upgrade some day? If so, a track bar riser bracket would be needed with the stock pitman arm. Otherwise your stock set up should work fine.

Jamie Chriss

I have a 2.5, I installed a track bar drop and in the end I didn't use it. I also purchased a pitman drop, I didn't need it.