• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

2 post lift

OP
OP
bam

bam

Contributor
Loc.
Laurel, Ms
I have 2 arm 12,000 BedPak installed myself. Works great but still take time to strap on Bronks because as noted above, no great lifting points. And use jack stands. And look carefully at lift certifications to confirm USA reputable organization. Some lifts have "in house" or shady certifications. You want a cheap pacemaker ?

where did u get the bedpak and how much

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
I've got a Mohawk a7. Best lift out there. Yeah it's expensive but so is my life. Lift point for and eb are beside the front most leaf spring hanger and the flat spot on the frame just ahead of the radius arm bracket. The Mohawk has adapters to reach up and around the radius arm to access the flat spot.
The Mohawk is full hydraulic without any balance cable so there is no overhead or floor mounted tracks to get in the way. A pair of safety stands are a good idea as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
a782d5b19c1838a751cb01fca7e7368f.jpg

bamabaja

Contributor
Loc.
The Shoals
where did u get the bedpak and how much

I ordered from factory. Will see if can find what I paid.

I agree Mohawk great lift, recommend by a professional mechanic friend. I needed the 12k lift for farm trucks and that model was out of my budget.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I had a 10K lift 2 post ..bought from our local Ford house a few months ago. $500.00 ... But it was 4inches to tall for my shop .
... So now I on the hunt for a 4 Post .. every one has convented me the 2 post is not Bronco friendly....
... I found one in DuncanVille for 2000K.
Im just not wanting to give that much.

wpaeb

Loc.
Clarion ,PA
I have an Atlas 2-post 9000 lb lift from Greg Smith and it's worked well for 4 years. I know its not American made but for the limited "hobby" use that I do it has been great and priced right. I have had no issues lifting early Broncos, full size Broncos, Wagoneers, and TJ and JK Jeeps on it. It was easy to install with the help of a buddy or 2.

I also have an Atlas 2-post, PV-9HP. I lift our GMC 2500 extended cab 8' bed diesel and simalar ford, along with a 6.8l F250 4 door.
Placement is critical with the diesel's. I bought the lift from gregsmithequipment.com for cheaper than I could find worn out used lifts.

Slednut10

Contributor
Guru? That's funny!
I've got a Mohawk a7. Best lift out there. Yeah it's expensive but so is my life

Well said. I went with a Mokawk 10K lift figuring I would want that for my heavy F250 diesel but after seeing how overbuilt it is, I could have gotten away with the A7. No way I could say that about any of the other lifts I looked at.
I bitch constantly about the crap quality of the parts we don't seem to be able to make here anymore and really didn't want to trust my life under a lift of the same questionable quality.

Casey835

I've got a Worth, the steel this thing is made out of makes all the others look dinky. Base plate is huge also. Best price around too! American made in Texas. What else would you want?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Well said. I went with a Mokawk 10K lift figuring I would want that for my heavy F250 diesel but after seeing how overbuilt it is, I could have gotten away with the A7. No way I could say that about any of the other lifts I looked at.

I bitch constantly about the crap quality of the parts we don't seem to be able to make here anymore and really didn't want to trust my life under a lift of the same questionable quality.

Yeah I called the Mohawk rep for a price when I was researching lifts. He didn't call me back so I figured I a one man show and Mohawk wasn't interested in selling one lift. Well about 2 weeks later the president of Mohawk called me to see if the rep had answered my questions. I told him no one had called. He was apologetic and kept me on the phone for 20 mins and sold me on the a7. He said I would easily lift any truck I have. Their service and tech support are outstanding. I had two steel riggers that were working on my shop help me set it up. The columns are 900 lbs each so having guys that know how to move heavy stuff was great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jagbucket

i have a early bend pak 9000 surplus from a state auction. towers look like the first stage of a 10000 lb forklift, chain drive and overhead equalizer bar all chain . serial # is something like 00079 new ones are much lighter and most are cable. best 1300 i ever spent last year i bought a new bend pak 4 post 9000 for parking its ok but not the quality of the old two post the thing is you can not park under a two post.