• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

2007 MEB Fawl Crawl - Harlan, KY Pics

ProjectBronco70

Loc.
Tennessee
Here are two pictures of the aftermath. It's my Bronco. I really have no idea what happened other than I was trying to line up on some more level ground because my legs were getting tired of holding the clutch/brake. In retrospect, I probably should have just turned it off and waited patiently at the bottom of the hill. I had my seatbealt on but my wife did not. It was a gift from heaven that she did not get seriously hurt. You can see her in one of the pictures explaining what happened. Everyone was very helpful and we were back on the trail in no time.

Attachments

• BroncoRollover1.JPG
    BroncoRollover1.JPG
    177.4 KB · Views: 61
  • BroncoRollover2.JPG
    BroncoRollover2.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 61

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Really glad you and your wife came through this without injury. This shows the importance of having a full cage. We were lucky this week end in that no injuries for 3 incidents - 2 complete rollovers and 1 flop into the tree. Otherwise the trip to Harlan was really outstanding.

BTW - that's me behind your wife in the first pic and my wife talking to your wife in the second pic!

joe

Bronco Guru
Here are two pictures of the aftermath. It's my Bronco. I really have no idea what happened other than I was trying to line up on some more level ground because my legs were getting tired of holding the clutch/brake. In retrospect, I probably should have just turned it off and waited patiently at the bottom of the hill. I had my seatbealt on but my wife did not. It was a gift from heaven that she did not get seriously hurt. You can see her in one of the pictures explaining what happened. Everyone was very helpful and we were back on the trail in no time.

$#!+, gald to hear all is ok :(

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Chris - Sorry you couldn't make it. It was a blast. Maybe see you at Blue Rocks in December?

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
BroncoMarc - Didn't get a chance to talk to you before everyone left. Were the trails better (harder) this time than the first time you went to Harlan??

Just curious.

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD
Gary, might see me next weekend...aren't we going to Blue Rocks camping?There is a small chance you might see me then, but the Dec trip you can count on me and a good saw to be there, I'll see if I can get the cap off of the F250l by then and I'll have an open truck too....it doesn't do too bad on most stuff, locked in the rear, lim in frt and aggressive 33's it's not a monster, but gets around right welll.....should do good for at least getting the firewood back out.
Talk to you soon, look for baja pics the middle of next month.
Chris

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Chris - Next weekend is the winery street cruise. Should be fun. We previewed it today and seems like a really nice place for some wine tasting and a picnic. Hope to see you there and at Blue Rocks in December.

broncomania

Loc.
nc

glad you both are ok.

BroncoMarc

Loc.
BroncOhio
BroncoMarc - Didn't get a chance to talk to you before everyone left. Were the trails better (harder) this time than the first time you went to Harlan??

Just curious.

To be honest, after an hour we had barely covered any ground and only hit a couple obstacles so we took off on our own. We sat at one spot so long I decided to go up a short trail we were right next to. I got to the top and looked back and 10 Broncos had followed us up. The only new trail we hit was Mason Jar.

We got a very late start on Sat because my buddy had to fix his drive shaft, then found he had broke it because the front of his spring perches were bent down and he was getting axle wrap. Luckily we were staying at the campground on the North side and they had a welder and air. We brought enough other tools to fix his spring perch in the campground!

Sat we only hit the middle and lower rock gardens and didn't see too many Broncos. We tried the climb at the entrance that nobody was making on Fri and it was much easier. But, my buddy snapped his driveshaft and later broke and axle and was in 1 wheel drive. We had a fun adventure crossing the mountain in my Bronco to get our trucks in the dark with no headlights. :)

Can we do smaller groups next time so we can actually hit more trails and not sit in one spot forever?

broncorckcrwlr

Loc.
London, Ky
Sure. I finally got my water leak fixed so I'm good to go. :p Give me a shout ahead of time next you want to go Marc and I'll try to show up.

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
Looked like a sweet event!!! I wish I could have made it, but my junk wasn't finished yet. But, she is now!Glad everyone was OK,Chuck