• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

23 Gallon tank

EBReifsnyder

Loc.
Holland, MI
I'm thinking of installing sooner than later a 23 gallon tank to eliviate constant refueling. For those of you who have done this, what is your REAL WORLD opinion on how they fit and how much ground clearence they really give you? I know they say it works great, but what do you guys think?

Greg

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
the 23 gal does not fit as nice and tight as the BC tank IMO. There is a mass buy on right now on the BC tank. Check out the Mass buy section :cool:

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I skipped the 23 gallon and went with the BC Bronco's 24 gallon instead. Clearance is very nice with it because I was able to take advantage of all of my body lift to tuck it right up against the body. Installation was pretty easy as well. I did have to trim a bit off the front rails but that was because the rear hitch I put on has a cross brace that was right up against the stock tank and I didn't want to cut it off.

bronco977

Loc.
Bakersfield
I did the Wildhorses 23 gal tank. It virtually fell into place- could not have been easier. The instructions were well written and the hardware is top-notch.

Attachments

• tank5.jpg
    tank5.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 73

CDOG

Loc.
Tucson
I bought JBG's "new" 23 gallon tank about five months ago and it was a nightmare for me. I just checked their site and could not find the tank on the site any longer, so hopefully they have realized that the tank was a complete piece of crap and stopped selling it. Bottom line avoid that tank at all costs. The old one seems to fit fine for other people so it may be an option. The tank has the sending unit and vent on the top and is a obvious lack of quality control. Also JBG lost a lot of points in how they dealt with my problems which was to not deal with them at all. No return calls or solutions or concern, only "it should fit". A 23 gallon tank in general is great to have, especially if you have any body lift to get it even further away from the ground. Good luck

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
I Really like the tank mounted to the frame like BC Bronco's 24 gal.
Installation was a breeze. Uses adjustable trac mounts so you can adjust it higher or lower if you ever change your bodylift.

Flash69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Southwest Va
CDOG said:
I bought JBG's "new" 23 gallon tank about five months ago and it was a nightmare for me. I just checked their site and could not find the tank on the site any longer, so hopefully they have realized that the tank was a complete piece of crap and stopped selling it. Bottom line avoid that tank at all costs. The old one seems to fit fine for other people so it may be an option. The tank has the sending unit and vent on the top and is a obvious lack of quality control. Also JBG lost a lot of points in how they dealt with my problems which was to not deal with them at all. No return calls or solutions or concern, only "it should fit". A 23 gallon tank in general is great to have, especially if you have any body lift to get it even further away from the ground. Good luck
I got JBGs 23 gal tank and it fit perfect. Putting it in was as simple as falling down. The quality of the tank is great too.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Here are a couple pics of the BC Bronco's 24 gallon tank with a 3" body lift. I don't think I lost any clearance at all. I will be adding a stainless steel diamond plate skid under it though but it shouldn't reduce clearance much.

Attachments

• Tank01.jpg
    Tank01.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 57
  • Tank02.jpg
    Tank02.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 42

Buckin74

Loc.
San Diego
Most all 23 gallon tanks as well as the 24 gallon units work really well on most Broncos. I would use a skid plate to help with the protection on the bottom. I also purchased a in tank fuel pump and have never had a problem for over 4 years. Having 23 gallons is a dream come true for me.
I would do this in a minute again

vap13

Anyone have problems with any of these tanks interfering with thier exhaust system.
Paul

blksn8k

I installed the BC 24 gallon tank last year. I have a 2" body lift and was able tuck the tank up like others have said. One word of caution: Make sure you do something to keep the top mounted sending unit wiring from grounding out against the floorpan. I thought I had plenty of space in there but it managed to touch anyway. I solved the issue by lowering the tank slightly and also gluing a vacuum plug onto the wiring stud. :eek:

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
blksn8k said:
I installed the BC 24 gallon tank last year. I have a 2" body lift and was able tuck the tank up like others have said. One word of caution: Make sure you do something to keep the top mounted sending unit wiring from grounding out against the floorpan. I thought I had plenty of space in there but it managed to touch anyway. I solved the issue by lowering the tank slightly and also gluing a vacuum plug onto the wiring stud. :eek:
I might be wrong but I don't think it comes up high enough on my new one. It's tucked down in a recessed area along with the feed and return lines. It's irrelavant on mine because there are bolts above that the tank would hit first. I dropped it down from those so they wouldn't wear a hole into the tank.