• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

302, 351W, 347 and 408 STROKER Engine-MASS BUY

OP
OP
Bronco Wild

Bronco Wild

Loc.
Nubraska
PS-

Only the stock 302 and stock 351W require cores. If you do not have a core just add the core price to the engine price and that is the total.

The 347 and 408 do not require cores.
;D ;D ;D

D-cannon

Loc.
Richmond, VA
I'm not trying to bring anything down, but...

for comparison's sake, I emailed Marshall engines to get a quote on a stock early '70s rebuilt 302. I did not mention anything about Broncos to them (especially this mass-buy). They quoted me the exact same price as posted on this thread. Where is the deal? I would think a mass buy would include at least a 5% discount than any Joe Schmoe on the net could pick up from the same vendor. ?:?

OP
OP
Bronco Wild

Bronco Wild

Loc.
Nubraska
D-cannon said:
I'm not trying to bring anything down, but...

for comparison's sake, I emailed Marshall engines to get a quote on a stock early '70s rebuilt 302. I did not mention anything about Broncos to them (especially this mass-buy). They quoted me the exact same price as posted on this thread. Where is the deal? I would think a mass buy would include at least a 5% discount than any Joe Schmoe on the net could pick up from the same vendor. ?:?

I brought this up earlier in another thread...the stock engines are already priced so low that they cannot come down unless we guarantee 10...could be either 302 or 351. Then you'll see the real discount. So many people on this board were trying to find engines so I decided to throw out a source. That's all. An easy source that gives a good deal. The real deal comes out of the Strokers, which is why I did the Mass Buy. The choices shown were to accomodate all the requests posted (a nice variety). However, it's like any other Mass Buy, in that a ton of people come out saying they are interested and will buy one...then it becomes "official" and theres silence. I have a list of people that either PM'd me or posted that they were in, and so far not one has backed up his word. It doesn't make a difference, it was only my time %) If it stays like this, I'll just pull the cord on it and get my motor.

behemoth

Bronco Guru
Eric,
Ask them if two cores = a 351 core as you have both the 289 and the 302.

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Bronco Wild said:
I brought this up earlier in another thread...the stock engines are already priced so low that they cannot come down unless we guarantee 10...could be either 302 or 351. Then you'll see the real discount. So many people on this board were trying to find engines so I decided to throw out a source. That's all. An easy source that gives a good deal. The real deal comes out of the Strokers, which is why I did the Mass Buy. The choices shown were to accomodate all the requests posted (a nice variety). However, it's like any other Mass Buy, in that a ton of people come out saying they are interested and will buy one...then it becomes "official" and theres silence. I have a list of people that either PM'd me or posted that they were in, and so far not one has backed up his word. It doesn't make a difference, it was only my time %) If it stays like this, I'll just pull the cord on it and get my motor.

not sure if I was one of those guys but I found a 5.0 efi longblock rollermotor for the mustang 87-93 for 200 less than the stock 302 and free local shipping since they were not offering that I had no other choice.

OP
OP
Bronco Wild

Bronco Wild

Loc.
Nubraska
77BroncoWag said:
not sure if I was one of those guys but I found a 5.0 efi longblock rollermotor for the mustang 87-93 for 200 less than the stock 302 and free local shipping since they were not offering that I had no other choice.

Hey 77, no problem, local deals are gonna surface now and then...at least you bought one.

BW

raleigh_bronco

Bronco Guru
I just got my hands on a NP435 set up and I'm still holding out hope for the engine mass buy. I guess we have about 100 days left to take advantage of this deal, right?

OP
OP
Bronco Wild

Bronco Wild

Loc.
Nubraska
raleigh_bronco said:
I just got my hands on a NP435 set up and I'm still holding out hope for the engine mass buy. I guess we have about 100 days left to take advantage of this deal, right?

Raleigh, yup, somethin' like that. If nothing sells at all within 90, I may just let it go until I get commitments. If they start selling, I can speak w/ them about an extension...

crewdg

Loc.
Heber Springs, AR
I'm new at Classic Broncos, but wanted to say I ordered a 351W w/ RV Cam today after talking to Jon. It was ordered through a NAPA using the code. Thanks Crewdg

OP
OP
Bronco Wild

Bronco Wild

Loc.
Nubraska
crewdg said:
I'm new at Classic Broncos, but wanted to say I ordered a 351W w/ RV Cam today after talking to Jon. It was ordered through a NAPA using the code. Thanks Crewdg

Way to go Crew! Good choice ;D Welcome to CB, become a "contributor" and share some pics of your Bronco and that engine when it arrives ;)

Tuck

Crewdg, I know this is a little off topic, but where does the name come from?

OP
OP
Bronco Wild

Bronco Wild

Loc.
Nubraska
As most of you know, I've been dealing with my mom's cancer and haven't had time to keep up with this, so the MB has been extended indefintely until I can work on it. Everything remains unchanged. I would like to get more discount but I cannot. The interest in the preliminary emails showed significant prospective buyers but none of those pulled through unfortunately. Nonetheless, this is a great vendor with a great product at a great price. I am simply trying to keep a resource out there for those interested.

All the Best in 2006,
Bronco Wild