• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

302/351W Htr hose nipple from intake...not a 5.0 hard line setup but I'm looking for

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
a single piece stock style fitting that screws into the intake and has a 90deg 5/8" htr hose fitting on it. These were steel and of course all the old used ones are rusty and t h i n.

Going for a clean look. Don't want a bushing, then a ugly brass 90, then a 5/8" nipple...

Can't find one anywhere.

TIA

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
LOL....yeah, like THAT!! : )

I've been scrounging around trying to find something that is clean looking w/o 2 or more connecting pieces... been thru 4 catalogs at 2 different parts stores and on-line looking...

Guess I'll call 'em tomorrow!

thanks

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Thanks. I'll call my local Oreilly's and see if they can order this...Sure couldn't find it in any of their catalogs... and $16.49 for shipping a 4oz part seems a bit steep...

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I can imagine all sorts of functional reasons for the siphon tube thingy extending deeper into the manifold, but I have zero information on what it's intentions are, and why Ford used them.
But the extended type is definitely what Ford installed brand new on our rigs. And presumably millions of other cars and trucks, though I can't verify that either.

I'm guessing one that does not have the extension tube would still perform passably well. Just not sure what differences in that performance would be.

Paul

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
I ordered the one from ORiellys above...you can't get the spec's off the website to determine the exact size... so if you need a 3/8"NPT x 5/8" htr hose fitting order that one. If you need a 1/2"NPT x 5/8" htr hose have the parts guy scroll to the next part number on his computer and that's the one. Even the parts guy said you can't get the dimensions off their site... I should have it by Tuesday...thanks

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I can imagine all sorts of functional reasons for the siphon tube thingy extending deeper into the manifold, but I have zero information on what it's intentions are, and why Ford used them.
But the extended type is definitely what Ford installed brand new on our rigs. And presumably millions of other cars and trucks, though I can't verify that either.

I'm guessing one that does not have the extension tube would still perform passably well. Just not sure what differences in that performance would be.

Paul

Paul Isn't that an exit / return hose. Not a pickup hose. So siphon would not matter? Just wondering