• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

351 Efi motor stumbles and dies when good and warm

OP
OP

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
Good to hear another success story running one fuel pump. I like simple! After extensive testing, I'll probably convert the spade ends I crimped on with some sort of weather proof connector.

That's an expensive gauge to fail on you within a couple years! I doubt I'll even spend 25% of that on a gauge.

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
Good to hear another success story running one fuel pump. I like simple! After extensive testing, I'll probably convert the spade ends I crimped on with some sort of weather proof connector.

That's an expensive gauge to fail on you within a couple years! I doubt I'll even spend 25% of that on a gauge.

I was having all kinds of problems with the efi transplant

And this was in '99.
With only dial up Internet and message boards so not a lot of help online

Bought the gauge to be able see the fuel pressure in real time while driving

It's a great gauge before it croaked and I run topless and doorless all summer so that probably didnt help

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
I use a clear plastic filter between the tank and pump so I can see the dirt In it and wow , you'd be surprised how often you have to change it

And I had to drop the tank and replace the in tank filter sock Or may be I just got rid of the sock
I don't remember
Anyway it was a problem

The efi constantly circulating the fuel will keep the dirt stirred up and clog the Intank sock if you didn't buy a new tank when you did the efi conversion