• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

351 w/ C4 kickdown linkage

latrucker

Contributor
Can anyone tell me what needs to be done to use the factory C4 kick down linkage on a 351. Linkage was originally from my original 302, if i remember correctly some kind of modification needs to be done for it function correctly on the 351. Don't want to have to buy the Lokar linkage.

cs_88

Bronco Guru
Just a little tweaking is all did. Added a little extra bend here a little less there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
latrucker

latrucker

Contributor
Just a little tweaking is all did. Added a little extra bend to it
Tried that on a buddies but never could make it work. Where exactly do you bend it. Carb side or trans side?

cs_88

Bronco Guru
I think I had to put a little more bend in it on the carb end and I may have taken some bend out on the trans end.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
If you think about it, the trans end doesn't change or move when you put a 351w in. The only thing that changes (that matters) is the height of the carb. So that end needs to go up and maybe a little more forward.

BroncoJimbo

Contributor
Long-term owner
Loc.
North GA
I cut mine and added an inch or so. Since it is hollow you can experiment with the exact length using a solid rod and then weld it when you get it figured out.