• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

351W with NPT fittings on fuel rail

Starman

Loc.
Central Wisconsin
Hello All,

I am replacing a fuel system with a 6 port switch, 3 pumps and 2 filters to just a HP fuel pump, filter and a transfer pump. I am running 2 tanks.

I went to replace the fuel injection hose at the engine and found a bard fitting with NPT threads in the fuel rail. This is for the inlet and outlet side of the fuel rail. I was thinking of using AN fittings with the standard o-ring push on fitting into the fuel rail. But, I found NPT fittings!

Should I get a AN fitting with NPT threads and use that on the fuel rail? I was surprised to find this and not sure what to make of it.

On a side note. Is it O.K. or safe to use the fuel injection hose barb off the fuel rail? What if I just stayed with fuel injection hose and set it up the way I found it? I would really like to use SS braided line for the inlet and return lines. For braided lines I would use the AN fittings. It just seems like a more durable solution. At least the PO did not use worm clamps here like he did on all the other fuel lines.

Thanks, Starman

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Wow - I don't think I've ever heard of that. I'd love to see some pics of the fittings!

Todd Z.

TN1776

Bronco Guru
Wow - I don't think I've ever heard of that. I'd love to see some pics of the fittings!

Todd Z.

Seriously I'd like to see these fittings too! I am not too confident in the adapters that I have which go from the push-on OEM fitting to AN. They have not failed me yet but I am paranoid and would very much prefer a threaded fitting there...

OP
OP
S

Starman

Loc.
Central Wisconsin
I'll take a picture and post it when I get home.

Here you go. What do you think? It sound like i will be alright adding AN fittings to the rail.

Attachments

• IMG_20170320_165431985_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170320_165431985_HDR.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Do you think that's a non-stock hi-po fuel rail maybe? Looks a bit larger diameter than normal and is not the usual chromy/shiny look.
Looks pretty versatile from here.

Paul

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Yeah, I'm curious what kind of fitting is on the end of the rail underneath the copper/brass-colored adapter?

I would put $ on that not being a stock fuel rail either.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
S

Starman

Loc.
Central Wisconsin
Do you think that's a non-stock hi-po fuel rail maybe? Looks a bit larger diameter than normal and is not the usual chromy/shiny look.
Looks pretty versatile from here.

Paul

Yep. I'm sure you hit the nail on the head (as you always do);D. There are many odd parts on this truck. I measured the fitting it seems to be a 1/8" npt.