• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

3G wiring and electric choke wire

bluesbish

Loc.
Upstate New York
I am going to convert to 3G alternator and the wiring sems pretty straight up but I have not been able to find any info on the source for my electric choke after I do the conversion. Any info would be great.

OP
OP
bluesbish

bluesbish

Loc.
Upstate New York
ah, took me a minute to find it in the diagram but it looks like run the wire from the s terminal on the regulator. thanks.

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
I ran mine to an ignition side fuse in the fuse panel. Ignition on, choke on.

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
Most early choke heaters are designed to run on 6V, which is why they're wired to the alt. S terminal. I wouldn't be surprised if you found that yours is burned up (open circuit). And that wire doesn't turn the choke on - it only helps warm the choke spring faster to UN-choke the engine sooner. If everything else is working, the choke will still turn off, but it'll take a few extra minutes without a working choke heater.

[/topic]
There's an active thread with a video of you & that off-road wrecker in the Chat forum.

cs_88

Bronco Guru
I ran the green w/red wire (904) to my Edelbrock choke to give it the full 12V.