• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

4 BBL carbed intake to EFI

Jerrod4567

Loc.
Bakersfield CA
I'm starting a project and I will be the first to say I am not 100% sure what I'm doing. I'm taking a Weiand Stealth intake manifold and installing fuel injector bungs into it for my EFI project. I'm curious as to what I have to do to adapt a throttle body to the intake manifold. Has anyone done this? Which ones will work etc and what needs to be done? Thanks a lot.

ugly74

Bronco abuser
let me know how it turns out. If I ever get around to EFI, that's how I want to do it. and then keep a Holley in the back, so that way, if it ever gives me trouble, I can just toss the carb back on to get goin!

Last edited:

Socal Tom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Diego, CA
I'm starting a project and I will be the first to say I am not 100% sure what I'm doing. I'm taking a Weiand Stealth intake manifold and installing fuel injector bungs into it for my EFI project. I'm curious as to what I have to do to adapt a throttle body to the intake manifold. Has anyone done this? Which ones will work etc and what needs to be done? Thanks a lot.

Why?

Tom

okorangebrnco

Bronco Guru
Coast high performance has what they call a spyder EFI. same thing you are basically doing

pondscum

The "why" is not the same for everybody. I understand that Ford created an EFI which is about the best that can be obtained; however, if he wants to make his own EFI then so be it. I wouldn't, but that is only because I have built things before which could have been purchased. The only thing more remarkable than our ability to learn from others mistakes is our is our disinclination to do so. I think this thread has plenty of reasons to not do your own EFI Jerrod, but if you still want to then go for it!

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
let me know how it turns out. If I ever get around to EFI, that's how I want to do it. and then keep a Holley in the back, so that way, if it ever gives me trouble, I can just toss the carb back on to get goin!

Have you considered everything else that needs to be changed to swap from EFI to carb even if the carb bolts to the intake? There's more to it than just dropping the carb on and chances are high it would take less time to diagnose and get the EFI running again. (There isn't much in the EFI that can fail and keep it from running)

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru
OP
OP
Jerrod4567

Jerrod4567

Loc.
Bakersfield CA
I like fabricating my own things. I already have some of the parts to do this swap and think it will be quite the accomplisment if I can make it all work.

4x4man514

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Augusta,Georgia
ive been exploring the possibilities also. since im building a 393 i cant use all the 302 mustang manifolds. what ive learned about the spyder intakes is that they are for high rpm high hp motors. it seems as though the common gt-40 lower/explorer upper is not quite enough for a moderately built 393. so im kinda stuck in the middle. i seem to be leaning toward the trick flow 351w intake with the 90mm tb. it seems to be the best match so far but of course at 600+ dollars it ought to be. i would love to hear more opinions on this. as i said before ive been researching and getting ready for my swap. alot of my info has come from mustang forums so they mught be a little more extreme than us bronco guys.

OP
OP
Jerrod4567

Jerrod4567

Loc.
Bakersfield CA
ive been exploring the possibilities also. since im building a 393 i cant use all the 302 mustang manifolds. what ive learned about the spyder intakes is that they are for high rpm high hp motors. it seems as though the common gt-40 lower/explorer upper is not quite enough for a moderately built 393. so im kinda stuck in the middle. i seem to be leaning toward the trick flow 351w intake with the 90mm tb. it seems to be the best match so far but of course at 600+ dollars it ought to be. i would love to hear more opinions on this. as i said before ive been researching and getting ready for my swap. alot of my info has come from mustang forums so they mught be a little more extreme than us bronco guys.

Mine is also a 393W

jghflys

Loc.
Texas
I'm taking a Weiand Stealth intake manifold and installing fuel injector bungs into it for my EFI project.

When you get the injector bungs installed, post a picture. I am considering the same modification. I love the Stealth because of its wide power band. However, the Stealth is a dual plane manifold so the intake runners are at different heights. This means that the injector bungs will need to be installed at different depths so they will be level at the tops for the fuel rail fit properly.

Installing the bungs at different depths means that the spray from the injectors will enter the intake runner differently in the high and low intake runners. I haven't done enough research to resolve this in my own mind. I don't think it would make much difference but I dont know for sure.

James