• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

4r70w Parts

BruiserOutdoors

I have searched and searched for the following parts. Please let me know if you know where I can find these parts or if you know the part numbers associated with them.

1996-2001 Ford Explorer 5.0/4r70w

- transmission dipstick and tube
- transmission vent tube.

Thanks in advance!! I have a dipstick and tube but the tube isn't in great shape. Would like to find an OEM part.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Have you tried the search function for what you're looking at.. Folks can be sidetracked sometimes, but most cases the knowledge sharing on here is top notch...

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
I used these folks for a oil dipstick tube.. Obsoleted by Ford

image-logo-mobile.png

Lt1Burb

Why don't you use a lokar dipstick, the vent on mine is huge and I don't even know if it will fit under floor, I was thinking just a rubber line 6" long with a filter on it.

OP
OP
BruiserOutdoors

BruiserOutdoors

Why don't you use a lokar dipstick, the vent on mine is huge and I don't even know if it will fit under floor, I was thinking just a rubber line 6" long with a filter on it.
I like stock parts when possible. if you end up not using the vent, I would be interested in it.

and as a response to the others, still cannot find the part number for the vent tubing.

m_m70

Contributor
Loc.
Pacifica, CA
and as a response to the others, still cannot find the part number for the vent tubing.
Well it turns out it's obsolete and not available so you'll have to find used at bone yard or transmission shop that may have some laying around if you need to have stock. Maybe troll ebay for a while and see if something comes up.

Good luck with your search!

OP
OP
BruiserOutdoors

BruiserOutdoors

Well it turns out it's obsolete and not available so you'll have to find used at bone yard or transmission shop that may have some laying around if you need to have stock. Maybe troll ebay for a while and see if something comes up.

Good luck with your search!
thanks for taking a look. Glad I'm not going crazy (I am usually pretty throughout on my searching).

OP
OP
BruiserOutdoors

BruiserOutdoors

thanks for taking a look. Glad I'm not going crazy (I am usually pretty throughout on my searching).

No worries.......part of the game! It is much easier now now with the internet but just as frustrating sometimes.

Not sure if this will help...

https://www.fordpartsprime.com/genuine/ford-vent_assembly-f87z7a246ca.html?vin=&make=Ford&model=Explorer&year=1998&submodel=&extra1=5.0L V8&extra2=4-Speed Automatic Transmission 4R70W&filter=()
says straight hose. tough to say without seeing a photo. the one ive seen is long and curved, U-shaped

davisjstone

Contributor
BroncoNewbie
says straight hose. tough to say without seeing a photo. the one ive seen is long and curved, U-shaped
Did you ever find the right vent tube for the 4r70W? I'm converting from NP435 and just installed my 4R70W (i'm a ways off from being on the road)... i'm now realizing it did not have a vent tube. My 4R was completely rebuilt with the AA adapter installed. I'm teaching myself as i go and seem to keep learning lessons the hard way. Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Last edited:
OP
OP
BruiserOutdoors

BruiserOutdoors

Did you ever find the right vent tube for the 4r70W? I'm converting from NP435 and just installed my 4R70W (i'm a ways off from being on the road)... i'm now realizing it did not have a vent tube. My 4R was completely rebuilt with the AA adapter installed. I'm teaching myself as i go and seem to keep learning lessons the hard way. Any suggestions on how to proceed?
never found a stock vent tube. I may copy JSMALL and do a vent like this.

Attachments

• CIlLOZH_d.jpg
    CIlLOZH_d.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 30

davisjstone

Contributor
BroncoNewbie
never found a stock vent tube. I may copy JSMALL and do a vent like this.
I saw that. May have to do as well, but id like no not have to pull the trans back out. I've scoured pictures on the forum and internet and don't see many 4R70W's with what I think is a stock vent lines that goes in a loop up toward the bell housing and then routs back down.

Noob question here, but there's a cap installed on vent, do I need to run a vent line like the picture or is the vent with the cap sufficient? IMG_5009.png

OP
OP
BruiserOutdoors

BruiserOutdoors

yes thats the stock tubing I would like to obtain. I am not sure if the cap is sufficient or not. I would love to know too