• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

4WheelingJunky wiring harnes *ebay*

localrich

Loc.
Sandy, UT
I've finally completed the wiring using this kit on my 72. I keep very good notes and reused all the stock switches. I'm putting a feeler out to see if there is enough interest for me to take the time and write it all out/diagram it.

Please post up your thoughts.

Thanks
Richard

OP
OP
localrich

localrich

Loc.
Sandy, UT
It's not too bad after figuring it all out, which took the longest. Ford Did some really interesting things. If you want to use the stock amp meeter it is very time consuming to remove the lead and rework everything. The harness in pretty good quality and the leads are plenty long.

I mounted the fuse panel behind the glove box, and still had 2+feet on all the connections under the dash. I was going to do the headlight relay upgrade while I was there but it made such a difference when I tested it I'll do it if I ever upgrade to H4's.

I have done both a centech and painless before. I wouldn't hesitate to do another one of these in my next rig.

If I do this it will probably take 3 or 4 weeks, as TDS is coming up in 2 weeks and I'm gone for 5 days in the desert, and no I'm not taking the laptop.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
How long did it take? Compared to the Centech and/or the Painless?

regshawn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland
I'm on board with this! I sure could think of other things to put some spare cash to! So if you would be so inclined we would appreciate it! Thanks

Shawn

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
I would love to see your writeup on this. I'm not sure I can do the rewiring myself, but maybe after reading what you did.

OP
OP
localrich

localrich

Loc.
Sandy, UT
How long did it take? Compared to the Centech and/or the Painless?

actual wiring time about 8 hours plus 4 hours to remove the mess

time to figure everything out 24 hours %)

The centech I did took about 6 hours but the harness was stripped months before.

kbronco

Any tech info would be greatly appreciated, I've been looking at this harness for a while now. Kaleb

OP
OP
localrich

localrich

Loc.
Sandy, UT
Ok looks like there is plenty of interest.

Next question what format do you guys want it in?

Web Page?

Post?

Visio Drawing?

XLS Spreadsheet?

hmm i think i'm going to need a poll LOL

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
LOTS OF PICS ;D
PDF or just a post would work. Jon might make it a tech article too, I dont think it would be a conflict of interest really.

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
I have one of these kits sitting on the shelf. A write up would be great for an electrical novice like myself.

A write up with pictures works best for me. Than I can print it out and use it under the dash.....

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
Definitely, I'd love to see a writeup.

Any format would be fine, as far as I'm concerned.

I think a PDF would be the most universal, and you can create one from your favorite program, I do it pretty often here at work.

I was going to go and watch MP struggle with his, so I know what to expect when I get around to doing one of my own. ;D :p

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
I am with Tito, any of the easily viewable formats is good. At least be willing to answer the questions people will have. People have touched on the harness you are using but no one really got down and dirty with an explanation.

OP
OP
localrich

localrich

Loc.
Sandy, UT
OK I'll get started on it this week at work, I'll start with a simple matrix of what gets connect to where with color coding from my 72 and work it out from there. I'll either post it here, or link it from my website.