• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

4WheelingJunky wiring harnes *ebay*

Thecrazyone

I can share this tidbit right now.

Save the following from your old harness

Pigtails for Front side markers
Pigtail for the Headlight Switch
Pigtail for the wiper switch (try to save it all the way to the wiper motor!!)
Pigtail for the Ignition switch
Pigtail for the column
Gage Power connectors (hooks to the cvr and the fuel oil and temp)
Alternator to Regulator Harness and the thick black with yellow stripe wire if you want to reuse your amp meeter (you'll have to cut out a bunch of wires from around it)

If you have a 2nd tank you will need to add a wire in the rear harness for it

If you have a windshield washer motor you will need to add wires for that

I can take some pictures, but my install will vary slightly as I did an Ignition upgrade (pertronix and Jacobs) at the time. I would highly recommend you ditch the points if you still have them.

WOW! :eek: If you have to save all that from your existing harness, you might as well not buy the ebay one and stick what you already have. It would be cheaper.

I rather have a full wiring harness that I know is new and complete. Not just replace some of it and still leave you with old wiring.

Last edited:

450rbronco

which harness is this the cheap one or the more expensive one has anyone ever used the ez wiring one that is sold on ebay also which do you think is better

dnewman9

Bronco Guru
I have one of these harness on the way as well, Thanks Dusty (West Coast Bronco purchase).
I have a modification plan though, think of WCB harness, Painless glovebox and painless style fuse box that mounts in the glovebox all for under $250 shipped.

As soon as I have the pieces I will post a build thread. I have a bunch of weatherpack connectors that I want to upgrade it all with.
Dennis

OP
OP
localrich

localrich

Loc.
Sandy, UT
So I spent the last 6+ month involved in a huge class action trial. I'll try to find my notes and get working on this again. Sorry for the flake guys, but life throws you a big curve ball every once in a while.

stevew

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Elliston Montana
Interesting timing for this to come back up . I decided to try WCB's T-3 harness after 30+ Centech installs & numberous stock harness restores . Started the install Friday & agree with Localrich's accessment list ... LOTS needs to be salvaged from the original harness if you're doing a mostly stock replacment . So far the biggest time consumer is figuring the darn thing out . Comparing stock wiring diagrams with what this harness is supposed to accomplish . For instance , the OEM wiper switch has 10 wires in it & the T-3 only uses 5 .... but I wanted to know exactlly WHAT 5 were getting left out . Don't need extra work backtracking once it's done . At this point my feelings on it are neutral ... nice harness for the price but my gut feeling is that whatever I saved on inital cost will be lost in labor . Stay tuned ...%)

braxton357

Loc.
morganton NC
Interesting timing for this to come back up . I decided to try WCB's T-3 harness after 30+ Centech installs & numberous stock harness restores . Started the install Friday & agree with Localrich's accessment list ... LOTS needs to be salvaged from the original harness if you're doing a mostly stock replacment . So far the biggest time consumer is figuring the darn thing out . Comparing stock wiring diagrams with what this harness is supposed to accomplish . For instance , the OEM wiper switch has 10 wires in it & the T-3 only uses 5 .... but I wanted to know exactlly WHAT 5 were getting left out . Don't need extra work backtracking once it's done . At this point my feelings on it are neutral ... nice harness for the price but my gut feeling is that whatever I saved on inital cost will be lost in labor . Stay tuned ...%)

Go on... ;D

stevew

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Elliston Montana
Bottom line ... if you've got more time than money & mega-patience ... go for it . It came out ok , all works but the time spend inventing what all was missing killed any dollar savings . I'll stick with Centech ...

66horse

Bronco Guru
Ok looks like there is plenty of interest.

Next question what format do you guys want it in?

Web Page?

Post?

Visio Drawing?

XLS Spreadsheet?

hmm i think i'm going to need a poll LOL

The most detailed possible. Seems like it would be a good tech srticle for here.

THANKS!
STEVE

El Jefe

Bronco Guru
i got mine done in 2 weekends. Everything works as it's supposed to except the horn (i have a grant wheel and have yet to wire it properly).

verdict: good harness for the price, NOT a plug and play application (you have to salvage most of your connectors, but for what it is, you end up with a new harness..