• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

4WheelingJunky wiring harnes *ebay*

OP
OP
localrich

localrich

Loc.
Sandy, UT
I can share this tidbit right now.

Save the following from your old harness

Pigtails for Front side markers
Pigtail for the Headlight Switch
Pigtail for the wiper switch (try to save it all the way to the wiper motor!!)
Pigtail for the Ignition switch
Pigtail for the column
Gage Power connectors (hooks to the cvr and the fuel oil and temp)
Alternator to Regulator Harness and the thick black with yellow stripe wire if you want to reuse your amp meeter (you'll have to cut out a bunch of wires from around it)

If you have a 2nd tank you will need to add a wire in the rear harness for it

If you have a windshield washer motor you will need to add wires for that

I can take some pictures, but my install will vary slightly as I did an Ignition upgrade (pertronix and Jacobs) at the time. I would highly recommend you ditch the points if you still have them.

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'd love to see you put together something on this harness as I am considering buying it myself. I have done a Centech and was very pleased, but can't beat the price of 4wheeljunky.

OP
OP
localrich

localrich

Loc.
Sandy, UT
I'd love to see you put together something on this harness as I am considering buying it myself. I have done a Centech and was very pleased, but can't beat the price of 4wheeljunky.

If you want or need all new switches and connectors centech is the way to go. Just don't skimp on the connectors with this kit, I picked up 40 heat shrink butt connectors that have glue in them. If you go to the boat store you can get the same thing soldier filled. I got mine from eBay without and used a heat gun to shrink them.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wc...=true&storeNum=5002&subdeptNum=9&classNum=125

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I'm all over this also ...as is My Running Buddy ...He need a new harness bad after his bother got his motor in ...Gummi when is MP DOING HIS ...I may need to go to Austin to visit my brother .......

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
I'm all over this also ...as is My Running Buddy ...He need a new harness bad after his bother got his motor in ...Gummi when is MP DOING HIS ...I may need to go to Austin to visit my brother .......

How about you ALL come to Austin to help me with mine. No way to better learn than to do!!!;D ;D ;D

Seriously, this was on my short list to do, but I will wait for the write up before I get too crazy. My install will be a little different, as I am deleting some stuff, and have all aftermarket guages.

OP
OP
localrich

localrich

Loc.
Sandy, UT
How about you ALL come to Austin to help me with mine. No way to better learn than to do!!!;D ;D ;D

Seriously, this was on my short list to do, but I will wait for the write up before I get too crazy. My install will be a little different, as I am deleting some stuff, and have all aftermarket guages.

you know you can fly me out and I'll personally help you install it ;D Actually with aftermarket gauges it's almost identical just hook the leads from the engine to the aftermarket gauge instead lol

work got in the way today and I just volunteered to help the redbull team out tomorrow night finish there KOH rig, sorry guys, I'll try to get it done this week.(or at least enough posted up to get everyone moving along)

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
Mp how far off do you think you are from ready to install..........

I could install it tomorrow if I had any motivation. I thought about mocking up the harness to see how I wanted to run the wires along the frame.

I should really finish the dash and install the guages (but not the dash) before I get too crazy. Heard it is easier without the dash on. Ineed to figure out where I am going to put the battery, too. Also, I am really close to pulling the EFI motor to put in my runner as the original 69 is buring oil at an alarming rate....

So really there is no rush.....

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
Are you missing your inner fender Matt? You could fit two pretty big batteries on the passenger side up near the cowl.

http://www.silverfellatio.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/dscf2865-small.JPG

Yep-tubed front end. Thinking behind the seat in a boat battery box, sunk in to the bottom of the frame rail behind the passenger seat, or adapt it to the passenger side cowl and sink it in there. Leaning towards the bed to keep the weight lower, and allow me to run my air cleaner in the passenger cowl area.

FerrumCampitor

Loc.
Hutchinson, MN
One more vote and a thanks for a write up! I was this close (_) to getting mine to install this month but work decided to keep me out of town every other week through March and I dont have time now. Pictures would be great. I would really like to see a list of what you had to buy extra - tools, connectors, additional wire, etc. You mentioned a color coded connection drawing. I received the color wiring diagram for 4wheelinjunky and it looked pretty good. Was it not sufficient? List any "gotchas" that you encountered would be a great help. Thanks a million for offering to do this!!!

Oh and I think a PDF of the document would be the best choice so it can be saved and nobody will have a problem with not having the proper software to view it, or not having the same version as you, etc.

OP
OP
localrich

localrich

Loc.
Sandy, UT
Tools / Parts

OK I'm going to try and paste this from the file i was working and hope for the best. PLEASE NOTE I DID NOT USE THESE EXACT TOOLS I ALREADY OWNED AN EQUILVENT

Power Probe
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/POWE...014QQitemZ330052712157QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

Heat Gun
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/UL-L...199082935QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item190199082935

Wire Strippers
http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTOMATIC-WIRE-...ZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/E04-New-Pro-HD-...ryZ20767QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Connectors
http://cgi.ebay.com/200-HEAT-SHRINK...ryZ48716QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Tomorrow I should have up the rear section and possibly the front. I'm compiling this all into a web-page and I'll link everything there as well as have a pdf for downloading.

OP
OP
localrich

localrich

Loc.
Sandy, UT
haven't forgot about this just too busy with TDS and work :(

I'll get the first part up (overview and rear harness section) tomorrow, then is all goes right the front harness Wed. and the dash Friday.

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Mine was dropped off today! Looks pretty simple but a write up would be nice! Actually looks too simple!

OP
OP
localrich

localrich

Loc.
Sandy, UT
nothing ever goes as planned. I droped a clutch at TDS and have been working way to much to get this done. I still planning to do this I'll work it in next week.